Car charger!!!

This is a discussion on Car charger!!! within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Today, my phone died while at a friends house. Sarcastically I asked if anyone had a car charger for a nexus one. My friend looked ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car charger!!!

Car charger!!!

Today, my phone died while at a friends house. Sarcastically I asked if anyone had a car charger for a nexus one. My friend looked at my phone and said, yeah i do. He has a black berry storm. I doubted at first if it would even fit, but low and behold, it fit perfectly into my N1.

POINT OF STORY: I CHARGED MY NEXUS ONE WITH A VERIZON WIRELESS BLACK BERRY STORM CAR CHARGER.

disclaimer: i don't know about the specs with the charger or how the n1 charges, but it did charge my phone and i don't think it messed up the battery, because it is still working.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

got myself a Motorola mini USB car charger a while back. Can't live without them ;-)

yup all phones are going to the mini usb connection now. It will be nice once the majority of the market makes the switch. You'll be able to charge your N1 anywhere you go!

The Nexus One actually uses a micro USB connector. The mini is the older standard. As Scotty said, this is the new standard. More and more phones will start using it.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post
    The Nexus One actually uses a micro USB connector. The mini is the older standard. As Scotty said, this is the new standard. More and more phones will start using it.
    :nexusx:
    I meant to say micro, my bad. But yeah i read an article about it becoming the new standard. i'll see if i can find it.

At work I use a Motorola Cliq USB cord to sometimes charge my phone.

Here is its, was written back in June of 09. I was a bit shocked to see Apple on that list.

http://www.gizmag.com/standard-micro...-europe/12108/

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    ... yeah i read an article about it becoming the new standard. i'll see if i can find it.
    There is information in the wiki that says that our socket is Micro-B. [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Serial_Bus]Universal Serial Bus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

it should already be standardized in the US, its sad how every other phone has a different charger connection.

Is this what you are talking about to charge your phone in the car? Can you tell me if this one is ok? I thank-You.
    If someone is selling them here and I don't know it, I am sorry. Don't want to step on anyone. Just want to see if I am on the right track. Thanks a lot.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Mini-Univers...ht_2453wt_1000
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links