Where the hell is a car dock for this thing?!

This is a discussion on Where the hell is a car dock for this thing?! within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by cadred Thanks for the post. Looks like the Amzer branded dock. I ordered the Amzer 8in gooseneck from Amazon and its labeled ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where the hell is a car dock for this thing?!

Quote Originally Posted by cadred View Post
    Thanks for the post. Looks like the Amzer branded dock.
    I ordered the Amzer 8in gooseneck from Amazon and its labeled Arkon on the dock and the package says Amzer. Works great. Perfect size and keeps the phone flush to the front of my dash. It also comes with a pad you can place on a flat surface to attach it elsewhere. Amzer makes some N1 specific docks that will fit precisely to an uncased phone but I use a case so I got the universal dock. Works well for me. The 3.5 mm port and power/volume buttons are accessible on one side and my charger cable is accessible on the other. I could easily mount that adhesive backed plate in a cup holder and have the phone mounted securely in the center but I think its safer to have your attention more towards the windshield. I thought glass mounting would be stupid but its not bad.

I will upload some pics if anyone is interested. The custom fit car mount is nicer looking but I dont want to take my case off going in and out of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cadred View Post
    Thanks for the post. Looks like the Amzer branded dock.
    I ordered the Amzer 8in gooseneck from Amazon and its labeled Arkon on the dock and the package says Amzer. Works great. Perfect size and keeps the phone flush to the front of my dash. It also comes with a pad you can place on a flat surface to attach it elsewhere. Amzer makes some N1 specific docks that will fit precisely to an uncased phone but I use a case so I got the universal dock. Works well for me. The 3.5 mm port and power/volume buttons are accessible on one side and my charger cable is accessible on the other. I could easily mount that adhesive backed plate in a cup holder and have the phone mounted securely in the center but I think its safer to have your attention more towards the windshield. I thought glass mounting would be stupid but its not bad.

I will upload some pics if anyone is interested. The custom fit car mount is nicer looking but I dont want to take my case off going in and out of the car.
    Id be interested in seeing some pictures...

However, my only issue with non-Google docks is the fact that it doesnt get put in to Car/Navigation mode. That is the reason I would dock my phone and I dont want to go through the extra steps to get to navigation
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Windshield mount

I don't have, but this looks pretty good.
    Results for Nexus One Car Mount

Quote Originally Posted by alsam View Post
    I don't have, but this looks pretty good.
    Results for Nexus One Car Mount
    There are definitely a lot of nice 3rd party car docks out there...but I want one that will put it in car mode automatically.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

I won't use any gadget that uses suction cups again. Been there, done that. It wasn't pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    I won't use any gadget that sticks on the windshield again. Been there, done that. It wasn't pretty!
    What? You dont like the rings, or the fact that it will just fall off if it gets too hot or too cold?
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Best Buy has this in just the vent mount for about $20. I use for my blackberry and will try with my Nexus tomorrow. It works fine.
    Xentris Wireless - Vehicle Windshield Mount for Mobile Devices - Black - 60-1941-01-BB

I have a mount for my Car and a holder for the phone for my Nokia N97, now I will be getting just the Nexus holder as it screws into the mount , they are pricey but they are great

ProClip Mounting System*-*Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts

Pro Clip

Does the clip base screw in, or is it removable?

Oops, watched the vid, it clips into place.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links