Where the hell is a car dock for this thing?!

This is a discussion on Where the hell is a car dock for this thing?! within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; yes it clips on, at least on my car it does,...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where the hell is a car dock for this thing?!

yes it clips on, at least on my car it does,

I hope they release the car dock tomorrow with the VZW N1
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Yeah it is kind of crazy that there is still no Car Dock for the N1. I'm assuming they are now waiting till it is released on all carriers. But come on Google!

If anyone hears anything please update

Quote Originally Posted by defdrums View Post
    Yeah it is kind of crazy that there is still no Car Dock for the N1. I'm assuming they are now waiting till it is released on all carriers. But come on Google!

If anyone hears anything please update
    Yeah...whenever that is, ha.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

iGrip Universal Fit Flexible Mount?

Guys, are you looking for some particular functionality / interaction with a phone (like Desktop Dock is doing) or just for a way to conveniently attach phone to a car?
    In the later case, iGrip Universal Fit Flexible Mount is near to perfect (the only small complain might be a close to each other location of bottom holder arms, which makes it slightly less convenient to charge a phone). It's very sturdy and of the excellent quality build.

Quote Originally Posted by vkelman View Post
    Guys, are you looking for some particular functionality / interaction with a phone (like Desktop Dock is doing) or just for a way to conveniently attach phone to a car?
    In the later case, iGrip Universal Fit Flexible Mount is near to perfect (the only small complain might be a close to each other location of bottom holder arms, which makes it slightly less convenient to charge a phone). It's very sturdy and of the excellent quality build.
    Personally Im looking for it to automatically go in to Car mode and charge without having to plug in cables manually...other than the N1 dock, its unlikely I will find that.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by locus View Post
    I have a mount for my Car and a holder for the phone for my Nokia N97, now I will be getting just the Nexus holder as it screws into the mount , they are pricey but they are great

ProClip Mounting System*-*Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts
    I have the Proclip in my Mini Cooper S and it works great. The phone is held securely and gets power from the holder.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Personally Im looking for it to automatically go in to Car mode and charge without having to plug in cables manually...
    Yes, that makes sense. I now have too many cables attached to my Civic... it's like a prompt for bad guys to break in. I sometimes feed massage mat, Nexus One, Motorola FM Transmitter, and anti-radar from cigarette lighter
    I made my best in accurate attaching of cables, but...

Car mode looks interesting, but I haven't learned to use it yet (just have my phone for several days now).

BTW, one of the most interesting podcasts to listen on your Android phone while you're driving is TWIT.TV / TWIG. I found myself desperately waiting for a next issue...

Time to resurrect this thread as I must vent that the official Google car dock isn't out.
    Yes there are other aftermarket docks, but in my opinion when you get a phone like the Nexus One that has dock sensors its nice to get the official stuff. The official desktop dock proved pretty nice that goes right to clock mode streams my music and goes into alarm clock etc... All other docks are using the micro USB.
    The car dock should not only fit perfectly but will automatically go right to the car mode (which is cool if you use it).
    The rumor was that both the car and home dock went for FCC approval in Jan or something and the desk dock has since released, but still awaiting the car dock....
    oh well, the wait continues.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

yeah i don't know what google/htc are waiting for. maybe they're waiting for the verizon version to be released before the car dock comes out, but that doesn't make much sense when they could have had it out to all the people who already purchased the phone. either way it's getting irritating not having it. i hate to buy a 3rd party holder that wasn't made specifically for this phone, but as time wears on i'm getting closer to doing that :/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links