Where the hell is a car dock for this thing?!

This is a discussion on Where the hell is a car dock for this thing?! within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by nailedtonothing yeah i don't know what google/htc are waiting for. maybe they're waiting for the verizon version to be released before the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where the hell is a car dock for this thing?!

Quote Originally Posted by nailedtonothing View Post
    yeah i don't know what google/htc are waiting for. maybe they're waiting for the verizon version to be released before the car dock comes out, but that doesn't make much sense when they could have had it out to all the people who already purchased the phone. either way it's getting irritating not having it. i hate to buy a 3rd party holder that wasn't made specifically for this phone, but as time wears on i'm getting closer to doing that :/
    Yeah, I think they are waiting for the VZW N1 release, but I agree it doesnt make much sense.

But on a side note, alteast you have your N1...us VZW people are still waiting, ha.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Anyone know if something like this would work with the Nexus? Cheap easy way to car dock your Droiid - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum Do we think the dock sensors will only be those on the bottom?

If so, they are going to be pretty useless for those of that have a case or most other forms of protection on the phone. I keep trying to think of some kind of extenders. I guess we will have to wait for the flip up cases to trickle down to the nexus.

The video with the droid is pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by deecee52 View Post
    Anyone know if something like this would work with the Nexus? Cheap easy way to car dock your Droiid - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum Do we think the dock sensors will only be those on the bottom?

If so, they are going to be pretty useless for those of that have a case or most other forms of protection on the phone. I keep trying to think of some kind of extenders. I guess we will have to wait for the flip up cases to trickle down to the nexus.

I would be incredibly nervous driving on these *admin edit*** roads with sport suspension and my phone hanging from a magnet.
    My next concern is my phone being attatched to a strong magnet with a sim car, memory and screen.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    yeah i don't know what google/htc are waiting for. maybe they're waiting for the verizon version to be released before the car dock comes out, but that doesn't make much sense when they could have had it out to all the people who already purchased the phone. either way it's getting irritating not having it. i hate to buy a 3rd party holder that wasn't made specifically for this phone, but as time wears on i'm getting closer to doing that :/
    Yeah, I think they are waiting for the VZW N1 release, but I agree it doesnt make much sense.

But on a side note, alteast you have your N1...us VZW people are still waiting, ha.

And may be waiting until June also

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deecee52 View Post

I would be incredibly nervous driving on these *admin edit*** roads with sport suspension and my phone hanging from a magnet.
    My next concern is my phone being attatched to a strong magnet with a sim car, memory and screen.

I'm more interested in the concept. What in the N1 will put it into navigation mode, the contacts at the bottom, are there magnets in the back. Might we find a diy alternative? Even this one could be modified to have a secondary holder or fail safe in case the magnet gives way. We all have the aversion to placing magnets near electronics, but this seems to be part of the Droid's design. Just curious.

You either WANT the full featured Google car dock or you don't.
    If you don't, it is hardly difficult to do about anything you want.
    For example using the app 'Settings Profile' I am able to make my phone do about anything I want using a set of inputs.
    Currently as soon as my phone hooks up via bluetooth to my car stereo the phone automatically turns off WiFi, turns the media volume full blast, launches Pandora and starts 'Car Home' application.
    No magnets there! I could simply get a quality holder and be good to go, but Im not satisfied with that setup and thats okay
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post

And may be waiting until June also

Pessimist.....

Yeah...I prefer to be a pessimist over an optimist. If Im expecting the worst, Im never upset. So when something does happen contrary to my pessimistic view, its even more sweet. However, if Im an optimist and something doesnt happen, im upset...and when it does happen, I dont get as excited because I was expecting it.

Horrible outlook I know...but it works for me, ha.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Car Dock - Nexus One Help

Supposedly its been seen on the site. And, every now and then the google phone page will come up saying the phones are out of stock. Check out the Official Verizon N1 thread for details.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links