My Review of Seidio's Innocase

This is a discussion on My Review of Seidio's Innocase within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; First of all, the Innocase II Surface has a great design and form. It's very thin and doesn't add a lot of bulk to the ...

Thread: My Review of Seidio's Innocase

Thumbs up My Review of Seidio's Innocase

First of all, the Innocase II Surface has a great design and form. It's very thin and doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone. However, because of the thinness of the case, I don't think it would protect much from falls or drops. The back has a rubbery feel but if I were to place it on top of a table, it would make a 'clank' sound.

My case came with a lot of light scratches on the back (I don't know if you can see below) out of the box. Apparently other customers were having the same issue and received free replacements, but I wasn't able to. So I guess the situation varies customer to customer.

Anyways, despite the scratches, the inside of the case has a thin and soft velvet lining for preventing scratches when you put on the case. I must say the holes for the camera, speakers, power button, etc. are cut out perfectly. I do like the fact that the cut-out for the headphones are slightly larger so that any headphone jacks fit nicely. The case looks good with the N1.

But after just a week of use, I have already found that a LOT of dust gathers underneath the case, more so than if the phone was naked; so I am a little worried about that. Apparently dust goes very easily into the case through the cut openings and because the back of the case is slightly raised, avoiding contact with the phone.

The two halves (top and bottom) have some alignment issues and the cuts for those don't seem to be as perfected as the cuts for the camera, speakers, etc. I had to use an exacto knife to shave off edges so that they looked like they aligned perfectly. If you've used the Incase Slider for the iPhone, those are better quality for the price, in my opinion.

Overall, if I had to buy another case, I don't think it would be this one, considering the price and for the quality that my case came as. I like a lot of protection with my phone, while being thin, and I thought that this would be a good replacement to the Incase Slider, but unfortunately, it is not.

I would definitely shop around at other cases before deciding on this one. I've heard many great things about Case Mate and gel skins so I might look at those if I were shopping for a case.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by nexuslexus
    First of all, the Innocase II Surface has a great design and form. It's very thin and doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone. However, because of the thinness of the case, I don't think it would protect much from falls or drops. The back has a rubbery feel but if I were to place it on top of a table, it would make a 'clank' sound.

My case came with a lot of light scratches on the back (I don't know if you can see below) out of the box. Apparently other customers were having the same issue and received free replacements, but I wasn't able to. So I guess the situation varies customer to customer.
    Hello,

We are sorry about your experience and would like to help. We are only able to send the replacement to the same address and not a different country. And to avoid being charged for the replacement, we will need the defective case back within 7 days of receipt.

If you cannot be in the country, we will be more than happy to make a note for you to file for an RMA at a later time.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links