Innocase II + Clarivue Anti Glare = Awesomeness

This is a discussion on Innocase II + Clarivue Anti Glare = Awesomeness within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; [quote=Bob Loblaw;24748] Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin Originally Posted by jsilvers525 The screen protector does not make the screen look grainy at all. In fact i ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Innocase II + Clarivue Anti Glare = Awesomeness

[quote=Bob Loblaw;24748]
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    The screen protector does not make the screen look grainy at all. In fact i can never tell it's even on the phone. I show it to people and every single comment is "wow there's a screen protector on there?"
    Sorry but I really couldn't disagree more. I had the benefit of being able to compare 2 Nexus One's side by side, one with the Clarivue Anti-Glare and one without. Both set to the same wallpaper and same brightness settings. The one with the protector definitely looked dimmer and the wallpaper image not as sharp. I'm happy for you that you can't tell the difference but I just wanted to offer my perspective to the person that asked the question.
    Side by side it doesn't surprise me that you noticed a small difference. After all, there is a film over the screen. Just having the one phone I don't notice it at all but that's probly because i'm not looking at one right next to it with out the screen protector.

It may change how the screen looks slightly, but not even close to the point where it's unbearable or looks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Akong702 View Post
    any pictures so we can have an idea ow our phone will look like if we go this route on protecting our precious NEXUS ONE?
    TBH, the only camera I have is on the N1. There's another thread around that has pics of the Innocase on the N1. As far as the screen protector goes, I'm not sure a camera would do it any justice.

[quote=ScottyPimpin;24783]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post

Sorry but I really couldn't disagree more. I had the benefit of being able to compare 2 Nexus One's side by side, one with the Clarivue Anti-Glare and one without. Both set to the same wallpaper and same brightness settings. The one with the protector definitely looked dimmer and the wallpaper image not as sharp. I'm happy for you that you can't tell the difference but I just wanted to offer my perspective to the person that asked the question.
    Side by side it doesn't surprise me that you noticed a small difference. After all, there is a film over the screen. Just having the one phone I don't notice it at all but that's probly because i'm not looking at one right next to it with out the screen protector.

It may change how the screen looks slightly, but not even close to the point where it's unbearable or looks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Akong702 View Post
    any pictures so we can have an idea ow our phone will look like if we go this route on protecting our precious NEXUS ONE?
    TBH, the only camera I have is on the N1. There's another thread around that has pics of the Innocase on the N1. As far as the screen protector goes, I'm not sure a camera would do it any justice.
    Yeah I took a picture of the 2 phone comparison I did but it didn't work out. The screens look the same in the picture. I agree that the screen doesn't look bad with the protector on and I can certainly see how it wouldn't be unbearable for some. For me, I decided that any degradation in display quality was too much. After trying the Clarivue and the dc mugen anti-glare, I'm back to the Ultimate Screen Guard from Seidio and all is good. Btw the Clarivue and dc mugen guards looked EXACTLY the same to me. Clarivue is a bit more expensive but they also send you two guards. If you just want one and want to save some money, I'd get the one from dc mugen. It's like $3 or $4 on ebay.

Can either of you post photos of the Clairview? I've had it on my wishlist for a little while now but wanted to know what it looked like (concerned about the grain/clarity loss)

Also, can you talk a bit more about if its oil/smudge resistance and/or show photos of that?

This drives me nuts about the Nexus One and frankly it seems like a potential serious security risk because the log in swipe pattern is clearly left on the screen for any user to see after you use it once -- or maybe I'm just a really oily person!

Thanks for your help!
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    Can either of you post photos of the Clairview? I've had it on my wishlist for a little while now but wanted to know what it looked like (concerned about the grain/clarity loss)

Also, can you talk a bit more about if its oil/smudge resistance and/or show photos of that?

This drives me nuts about the Nexus One and frankly it seems like a potential serious security risk because the log in swipe pattern is clearly left on the screen for any user to see after you use it once -- or maybe I'm just a really oily person!

Thanks for your help!
    I deleted my photos already cuz like I said, you can't tell the difference in the photos I took. It is more resistent to fingerprints and oils but it does smudge some so you'll still have to clean it. Just maybe not as often. My advice would be to get the one from dc mugen on ebay first if your worried about display degradation. It's less than $5 shipped and if it's not exactly the same, it is VERY similar.

innocase II or ultra case designed for nexus one series. The one that comes in 9 colors

Can you put the phone in the Seidio dock with the case still on?

Quote Originally Posted by mdmd13 View Post
    Can you put the phone in the Seidio dock with the case still on?
    So it says on their website.

I got received my Clarivue and I am happy with it. The guard does not build up on grease from my face or finger. My old screen guard from Seidio was pretty bad. THanks for the tip Scotty!

Quote Originally Posted by FastMhz View Post
    I got received my Clarivue and I am happy with it. The guard does not build up on grease from my face or finger. My old screen guard from Seidio was pretty bad. THanks for the tip Scotty!
    yvw, glad i could help

Im thinking of going with the same combo and I was wondering if the innocase protects the screen at all? Is the front slightly raised or does it sit flush with the screen?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links