Innocase II + Clarivue Anti Glare = Awesomeness

This is a discussion on Innocase II + Clarivue Anti Glare = Awesomeness within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by speak Im thinking of going with the same combo and I was wondering if the innocase protects the screen at all? Is ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Innocase II + Clarivue Anti Glare = Awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by speak View Post
    Im thinking of going with the same combo and I was wondering if the innocase protects the screen at all? Is the front slightly raised or does it sit flush with the screen?
    Slightly raised thank god. My phone fell on hard asphalt face down and luckily I only got a few scratches on my screen protector. I took it off and the display was completely unharmed. Being VERY careful until my new screen guard comes in!

The front is slightly raised. if you lay the phone on it's face the screen won't touch on a flat surface.

I've taken my case on and off a few times in the past couple weeks. Not a single scratch on the phone, slides on nice and smooth every time. Not a single complaint here.

Good to hear Bob!! lol btw, clarivue comes with 2 screen protectors :D

Quote Originally Posted by mdmd13 View Post
    Can you put the phone in the Seidio dock with the case still on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmd13 View Post
    Can you put the phone in the Seidio dock with the case still on?
    So it says on their website.

You definitely cannot dock with the Innocase II on and I don't see it mentioned on their site that you can. The Innocase says its easily removed for OEM docking.

First thing I tried was docking the Innocase II and it fits somewhat unstable in it and I can even get it to sit in the dock but the ports won't line up and it will not charge. That said, it is very easy to take off the case and put the phone on the dock and not a big deal to put the case back on when you're heading out.

Has anyone tried a bestskinever or phantomskinz type moisture activated adhesive protector along with a Innocase II? I'm trying to see if they are compatible and whether or not either degrades screen response or clarity.

This was referring to the Seidio dock, which they do indicate works with their cases.

Confirmed that Innocase II + Google-brand dock does NOT work.

I bought a Clarivue Anti-Glare screen protector and just put it on today. Here's the +'s and -'s so far:

+ It definitely doesn't show fingerprints like the naked screen does (it will eventually show some smudging if you really oil up and look closely, but it's 20x muted compared to stock and most importantly, not nearly the security risk that the naked Nexus One is for showing off your swipe to unlock code)

+ They give you two screen protectors when you purchase so if you're a blind idiot like me and you really don't have all the dust removed you can start again with a new one. SERIOUSLY -- Make sure you're in an insanely clean, calm room. The teeny tiniest, microscopic piece of dust will cause bubbling with this screen protector. (Maybe all screen protectors are like this, this is my first one).

+ There's a 10% off coupon on Retail me not! Save a buck and some change! (Coupon code: clarivue7 which expires on July 31,2010)

+ No loss in touch responsiveness. I was kind of worried about this there's been no noticeable difference. Actually I think I've improved my accuracy, especially typing, because now knowing that the screen isn't going to show tons of oil and fingerprints, I'm much more willing to go at it with more pressure.

- It definitely feels different, not as smooth as the naked glass (duh) and makes a slight noise when you swipe around. Kind of like the sound your hand makes lightly rubbing your skin -- just a really light noise from the texture. I didn't expect that, but probably should have.

- When you're looking at a completely white screen (like with the flashlight app) you notice the kind of prisms of light the anti-glare coating causes. (Hard to explain and when I took pictures it doesn't really show) ... It does soften your visuals a litlte bit, but I think the trade-off is worth it.

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase (I've always been disappointed that the Nexus One didn't have an oleophobic glass coating like the iPhone) because of the protection from scratches and wasting time cleaning the screen and the safety/security to not be showing off my unlock code to anyone who sees my phone.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Well i have to take back what i said about clarivue, there product has turned in to absolute garbage. i just ordered a set of ultra clear and both are being sent back.

The first one was completely full of dust when i pealed off the first side. tried to apply the 2nd one but guess what, the little cloth they give you is dried up by now and no good. tried like hell to get it on and just isn't worth the frustration.

Looks like i'm rockin the N1 with just the innocase II for now on :D

I really liked the Seidio ones. I'm using the clairvue ones now and the prism look is very distracting.

Have this combo as well. But mine's Innocase II + Clariviue UltraClear. Slid in nicely, no bubbles. Just make sure you let your screen guard rest on the phone for hours before putting in the case.

i'm still rocking this combo and loving it! :D
    Rooted Nexus One
    Amon_RA-nexus-v2.0.0
    32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08 Korean Radio
    Wildmonk's 2.6.35.9_SVS-950mV_CFS_AXI_720p_1152MHz_120210
    MIUI ROM 0.11.26
    SWG V1.2 Theme

Follow Me On Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links