so who makes the best protective case??

This is a discussion on so who makes the best protective case?? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by bmf5150 Originally Posted by americanexpat I'm going to guess that the better the protection the worse the reception since reception bars have ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: so who makes the best protective case??

Quote Originally Posted by bmf5150 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by americanexpat View Post
    I'm going to guess that the better the protection the worse the reception since reception bars have been known to drop while holding just the bottom part of the phone.
    i never heard that before?so dont hold the bottom?
    Based on experience and other reviews.

mophie Juice Pack Air - Case and Rechargeable Battery for iPhone 3G (Purple) - Apple Store (U.S.)

Yep, The Case-Mate Gelli case is phenominal and worth every penny. I am extremely picky about my cases. With my iPhone I went through at least 10 cases before I found one that was a good fit, sleep, and provided decent protection.

With the Nexus One I instantly went with the Gelli case and it blows any case away that I ever had for my iPhone.

- The fit is absolutely perfect
    - It makes the phone easier to hold and less prone to slipping out of your hand
    - It slips in and out of your pocket easily
    - It is a good mixture of a rubber and a hard case for good grip as well as protection
    - adds very little bulk to the phone
    - it does not collect lint and dust like typical rubber cases do.

I'm so satisfied with the case that i ordered a second one as a spare.

i really love the ONE case from ultra case, they have an add at the bottom of almost every page on this site, though i get them off ebay as they are about 75% cheaper. they fit the phone very snugly and dont interfere with the screen. provides great grip in hand but not too much to prevent from going in and out of pocket. and you dont have to struggle to get it off like most snap on cases
    :nexusx: user since mid February 2010
    Rooted on March 10, 2010
    Cyanogen Latest
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    EPE54B
    Desire Camera
    OC-UV Kernel

For me, it's these guys:
    HTC Google Nexus One PDair Accessories Leather Case, Aluminum Metal Case, Silicone Case, Screen Protector - PDair.com

I've honestly be deceived by ebay, and also the innocase for the droid that i also own.

but with these guys, i make a purchase and i don't have to look back.

that case-mate tough case looks pretty good. i wish you could do different color combos though like a silver skin with black cover, instead of just the pink/black and black/black option.
    ---------------------
    www.simplyathos.com

Question about the on/off ease with the tough case. Certainly you can't use the phone with the case on in the desktop dock, so how easy is it to put on, and take off? I really think I'm going to get one, but I use the dock daily, and don't want to fight with the case every time I use it.

case-mate

bobby, you might want to rethink that case-mate tough because even though it's a great looking and feeling case, it's not any good on the n1 dock. You'd have to remove it. Could be a pain in the ^&@# if you use the dock all of the time. Your call.

I got mine off Cimo and they came in about two days (same day shipping!). My cousin in California received his 3 days after he ordered it. From what I can tell, it's the similar to what ultra case has. They also sell on eBay (feedback is low but so far so good), they have a link on their site. I'd recommend the black or Clear, although they are more expensive than the rest (2 or 3 bucks). My cousin says the Silicone are also pretty good.

Cimo Cases, We got you covered

I'm going to guess that the better the protection the worse the reception since reception bars have been known to drop while holding just the bottom part of the phone.
    I guess your hand (filled with water) shields the radio signal more than a case that should be virtually unvisible to the radio signals. Is the antenna(s) placed at the bottom part of the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    I guess your hand (filled with water) shields the radio signal more than a case that should be virtually unvisible to the radio signals. Is the antenna(s) placed at the bottom part of the phone?
    Yes the antennas are at the bottom. I believe all internal antenna phones have them there. I remember my first one even. The manual said "Do not hold phone at the bottom because you will cover the antenna. See diagram on how to hold the phone correctly." When I hold any phone it's at the middle to top. A phone case will not hinder reception like your hand will.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links