Premium Horizontal Leather Case for Use With Seidio Innocase Problem

This is a discussion on Premium Horizontal Leather Case for Use With Seidio Innocase Problem within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I purchased this case from Seidio in mid-February and love its design. It fits the phone very well and does an excellent job protecting it. ...

Thread: Premium Horizontal Leather Case for Use With Seidio Innocase Problem

Angry Premium Horizontal Leather Case for Use With Seidio Innocase Problem

I purchased this case from Seidio in mid-February and love its design. It fits the phone very well and does an excellent job protecting it. I thought all was well until yesterday when I installed compass and car finder apps on my Nexus One.

It turns out the magnetic latch on the case screws up the magnetometer in the phone which has to be demagnetized each time it is removed from the case (by waving the phone around in a figure 8 pattern). Even after demagnetizing, the case magnets are strong enough to affect accuracy when the case is on my belt.

I tried to exchange the case, but Seidio doesn't do exchanges. They would have given me a refund, but I purchased the phone just outside of their two week return window.

I plan to take the case to my local shoe guy to see if he can remove the magnets without destroying it, but otherwise it will be a total loss.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by gcrow
    I purchased this case from Seidio in mid-February and love its design. It fits the phone very well and does an excellent job protecting it. I thought all was well until yesterday when I installed compass and car finder apps on my Nexus One.

It turns out the magnetic latch on the case screws up the magnetometer in the phone which has to be demagnetized each time it is removed from the case (by waving the phone around in a figure 8 pattern). Even after demagnetizing, the case magnets are strong enough to affect accuracy when the case is on my belt.

I tried to exchange the case, but Seidio doesn't do exchanges. They would have given me a refund, but I purchased the phone just outside of their two week return window.

I plan to take the case to my local shoe guy to see if he can remove the magnets without destroying it, but otherwise it will be a total loss.
    Hello,

Thank you for your comments. Is there any pictures or videos that you could provide to show us the problematic area? We haven't had any complaints or issues regarding the magnets inside at all.

That being said, while we don't do exchanges, our RMA Department would let you return the leather case for a refund within a few days outside of the 14 day period, provided that the item is in a new condition.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Thanks for the quick reply and offer to allow a return. I do not have any photos because the problem is due to magnetic flux and a meaningful photo is impossible. I'm curious to see if any others have encountered this.

I was just about to place an order with Seido, but thought I would ask how things went with your issue. Did you return the case? Now I am trying to find a belt case that doesn't have a magnet in it. Anyone know of a case that has a velcro closure? I have seen a couple at Best Buy, but they were all too large for the N1.

Quote Originally Posted by gcrow View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply and offer to allow a return. I do not have any photos because the problem is due to magnetic flux and a meaningful photo is impossible. I'm curious to see if any others have encountered this.

Smile

I liked the case and decided to take it to a shoe repair guy who removed the magnets (there are two in the flap and two in the body of the case). He did a pretty good job and the case looks fine. I purchased some small velcro pads at Home Depot and everything works well.

Unless you use the magnetometer function of the phone and don't want to calibrate it before each use by rotating the phone on all three axis, you can probably do just fine with the standard case.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links