dock and speaker hook up?

This is a discussion on dock and speaker hook up? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; has anyone did the whole hook up with your phone/dock/bluetooth speaker system yet? I have two of the three and wondering if it is worth ...

Thread: dock and speaker hook up?

dock and speaker hook up?

has anyone did the whole hook up with your phone/dock/bluetooth speaker system yet? I have two of the three and wondering if it is worth going to find some bluetooth speakers or if I should just find some that connect with the 3.5mm jack.....thoughts?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

After ordering the Google dock with my phone I opted for some nice M-Audio M30 speakers (thru B&H $86). They have a RCA input on the back and an aux in the front. They are amazing speakers for the price.

They're a bit large and wired. The Bluetooth connection is good to about 70'. I'm pleased, but not enamored with those results.

If you have the extra $$ get some Audioengine speakers from the same place for $200 (they don't charge shipping or tax). They are less than half the size (about the size of a pint milk carton) and absolutely rock!

I really don't see the need to blow a bunch of cash on wireless speakers for the dock. Btw. It makes for a fantastic alarm clock!

I found a bluetooth speaker at best buy today for only around $35 that has a range of 33 feet which is fine for what I am going for....interested to see how well it works as I can always go for some more expensive ones later.

on a side note it is sick to see the amount of iphone/ipod gadgets they have in that store......no wonder apple filed suit.....they have an empire to protect

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    After ordering the Google dock with my phone I opted for some nice M-Audio M30 speakers (thru B&H $86). They have a RCA input on the back and an aux in the front. They are amazing speakers for the price.

They're a bit large and wired. The Bluetooth connection is good to about 70'. I'm pleased, but not enamored with those results.

If you have the extra $$ get some Audioengine speakers from the same place for $200 (they don't charge shipping or tax). They are less than half the size (about the size of a pint milk carton) and absolutely rock!

I really don't see the need to blow a bunch of cash on wireless speakers for the dock. Btw. It makes for a fantastic alarm clock!
    Last month when I got my phone I went and got the dock and some m-audio studiophile av40's. $140 @ amazon. It was worth it for me. Now I have a stereo and alarm in my bedroom. The audio quality wouldnt be as good with wireless speakers. I am still impressed with the audio quality via bluetooth. I may get some stands for them later, right now they're sitting on my nightstand and dresser. I just used some speaker wire to set them up farther than the included cable.

I connected my 7.1 stereo to the doc via the 3.5 jack.

Oyabun,

Those are sweet speakers! I wanted to spend less than $100 and keep them small because I too am using the system as bedside alarm. M-Audio makes great stuff. If you get a chance check these out...

Audioengine A2 Review

Tiny and crystal clear, yet POWERFUL!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links