Good in-Ear Headphones with mic and volume control

This is a discussion on Good in-Ear Headphones with mic and volume control within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by dixy2k Originally Posted by just999in Originally Posted by djp24 I asked the same question regarding headset volume control a few weeks ago. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good in-Ear Headphones with mic and volume control

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by just999in View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djp24 View Post
    I asked the same question regarding headset volume control a few weeks ago. It remains unanswered, so I continue to assume that the Nexus One does not support this function.
    I don't think it's a problem with Nexus One or Android. The problem is no manufacturer makes the headphones with volume control. It doesn't seem like it is complicated. For some reason they don't recognise the need.
    Actually there is a manufacturer...

Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic - Apple Store (U.S.)

I didn't want to bring this up here, but maybe it's worth a shot.
    Those would probably work but the OP (and myself) is looking for "Good, in-ear headphones with mic and volume control" Those are neither good nor in-ear.

Perhaps these meet the specific need a bit better:

Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic - Apple Store (U.S.)

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    This desired combination of functionality is best served via bluetooth (wireless), like:
    Sennheiser USA - Bluetooth stereo Headset, MM 200, cell phone Headset - Private Audio
    These seem like an interesting option to me. Have you tried these out personally alphawave7? I'm wonder how annoying it would be to have that thing swinging around my neck. I know senn has good name in the audio world. I've got a pair of cans by them.

I just ordered these. $100 on Amazon. I'll give a review here after they come in case anybody is interested. Thanks Alphawave!

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djp24 View Post
    I asked the same question regarding headset volume control a few weeks ago. It remains unanswered, so I continue to assume that the Nexus One does not support this function.
    I don't think it's a problem with Nexus One or Android. The problem is no manufacturer makes the headphones with volume control. It doesn't seem like it is complicated. For some reason they don't recognise the need.
    Actually there is a manufacturer...

Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic - Apple Store (U.S.)

I didn't want to bring this up here, but maybe it's worth a shot.
    I already said that Apple makes earphones with volume control and mic. Of course these features don't work with the N1, I already tried. Apple will never make any hardware compatible with another companies products.

The mic and volume control doesn't work on the N1. I already tried. The sound quality is also mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    This desired combination of functionality is best served via bluetooth (wireless), like:
    Sennheiser USA - Bluetooth stereo Headset, MM 200, cell phone Headset - Private Audio
    Some people like me, don't want to deal with the extra hassle of pairing and charging a bluetooth device. I tried the Jabra bletooth dog tag and I hated it.

A simple solution is just to make standard headphones with mic and volume control built-in. Even Apple has volume control and mic on their mediocre stock earphones. I don't understand why other manufacturers don't do it.
    I totally agree with you on the Jabra Bluetooth Dog Tag. Terrible, terrible, terrible! I wish I never got it! I only bought it to listen to music but the cable kept on getting tangled with the chain. The chain was crap. it did have volume controls though.

I know the OP wasn't interested in Bluetooth but I received the Sennheiser MM200's I ordered a couple days ago and couldn't be more happy with them. In addition to controlling the volume they also have a back button which my NE-7M's did not. Unfortunately, the Nexus doesn't support BT voice dialing. Not a big deal for me but I'm sure it is for some. If anyone is interested in these, PM me and I'll give you a brief review.

Htc hs u350

I tried the HTC HS U350 Audio Adapter Cable BUT this does not work properly, the call button only answers calls but will not end them.

I am stunned HTC have not seen the opportunity the headset supplied with the Nexus One is hardly cutting edge!

Does the N1 support headphones with a button click to play/pause songs/answer calls? And does the N1 support headsets with volume control as well?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links