Google dock contacts

This is a discussion on Google dock contacts within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Can someone who has the Google dock tell me what kind of connection it makes with the N1? Is it using the USB, gold contacts, ...

Thread: Google dock contacts

Question Google dock contacts

Can someone who has the Google dock tell me what kind of connection it makes with the N1? Is it using the USB, gold contacts, or both?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The gold contacts
    Rooted Nexus One

Does the N1 go directly into clock mode when dropped in the dock or do you have to start the clock manually? Also, I assume 2 of the contacts are for power and ground, any idea what the 3rd is for? Could someone please measure the voltage and let me know? Maybe we could easily modify one of the cheaper docks to behave the same as the Google dock.

Thanks

It goes directly into clock mode when dropped in the dock. Unfortunately, if you then press the dimmer button (on screen), that can often be enough movement to dislodge the phone so that it doesn't realise it's sitting in the dock.

Thanks for info
    this info is very useful for me

Quote Originally Posted by Dombo1 View Post
    It goes directly into clock mode when dropped in the dock. Unfortunately, if you then press the dimmer button (on screen), that can often be enough movement to dislodge the phone so that it doesn't realise it's sitting in the dock.
    After a few minutes, does yours drop out of the normal clock app and into a very boring green-text time and date version? I like being able to look over at my nightstand to catch the weather.

Yes, it does. I don't mind as all I want to see during the night is the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluggy View Post
    After a few minutes, does yours drop out of the normal clock app and into a very boring green-text time and date version? I like being able to look over at my nightstand to catch the weather.
    That's the screensaver mode to protect your screen. A slight tap and it will again show the regular view.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links