Do i need to get the Innocase II?

This is a discussion on Do i need to get the Innocase II? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Alexpeegs I'll be getting a Innocase II indeed. Now should I get claurive anti-glare or something like invisibleshield or phantom skinz? The ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do i need to get the Innocase II?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexpeegs View Post
    I'll be getting a Innocase II indeed.
    Now should I get claurive anti-glare or something like invisibleshield or phantom skinz?
    The innocase is worth it!

Not quite worth 30 bucks but I really love it, and don't regret buying it.

I recommend a wet application screen, but thats preferance.

I'm using BestSkinsEver. The screen ONLY protector is only 5 dollars with 2 dollar shipping. They make you make your own application liquid though.

I had paid 15 bucks for a Skinomi screen protector, that came with the spray and whatnot, so I just reused the spray from that to apply by BSE.

Depends if you like it, but it makes the screen more textured. It feels better to type/swipe on in my opinion.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

would innocase work with full body shield? Seido inncose II vs. Ultra case. Also do the screen protectors make screen grainy and hinder touch screen ability/feel.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    would innocase work with full body shield? Seido inncose II vs. Ultra case. Also do the screen protectors make screen grainy and hinder touch screen ability/feel.
    Innocases DO NOT work with full body skins.

The case is really tight on the Nexus, so there isn't enough space for a full body to fit.

It depends on which protector you get. If you apply the wet application screens correctly, they are glass clear. They can get bubbles if you don't apply correctly.

With the peel/stick protectors, if its a low quality screen, it can be grainy. I stupidly got a cheapy 2 dollar screen off ebay, and it was horrible quality, very grainy, fingerprint magnet and looked gross.

They do add a bit of texture to the screen, but don't in anyway affect sensitivity. I've heard that privacy and mirror screen protectors affect the sensitivity because of the thickness, but I have not tested them.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I just got a Gelli on mine, and I absolutely love it. Unfortunately I got like three tiny lint spots under the screen protector before applying it, (I'm in Kuwait and it's damn near impossible to not have dust/lint in the air), but it's absolutely invisible. I also put a Vroom/screen protector on the wife's ZuneHD, and you can't see the screen protector at all. The fit/finish of the case-mate stuff is absolutely amazing. The holes on the Gelli line up PERFECTLY around the mics, cam, ports. It fits like a glove. The Gelli is 15 bucks shipped with screen protection included. I would highly recommend some kind of protection. Cell phones are like motorcycles... It's not a matter of "if" you'll drop it, it's more of a "when". Oh yes, the case-mate screen protectors increase glare a bit, but they do seem to increase sensitivity/responsiveness. Hope this helps.

Jose

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    Innocases DO NOT work with full body skins.

The case is really tight on the Nexus, so there isn't enough space for a full body to fit.

It depends on which protector you get. If you apply the wet application screens correctly, they are glass clear. They can get bubbles if you don't apply correctly.

With the peel/stick protectors, if its a low quality screen, it can be grainy. I stupidly got a cheapy 2 dollar screen off ebay, and it was horrible quality, very grainy, fingerprint magnet and looked gross.

They do add a bit of texture to the screen, but don't in anyway affect sensitivity. I've heard that privacy and mirror screen protectors affect the sensitivity because of the thickness, but I have not tested them.
    The touch screen has issues to begin with and by adding a thicker screen protector the sensitivity definitely becomes worse. I had two different types on that I ended up taking off due loss of sensitivity. Screen responsiveness and sensitivity was better with the screen protector off.

Sure! Screen Protector is quite necessary to avoid screen crack.

Angry Cracked Screen Tale of Woe

Having read this thread, I have to say that, while getting out of a car to go to a hockey game, I dropped my N1 from about a 3-foot height. When it hit the asphalt parking lot, the glass screen cracked into about 100 pieces. Totally heartsick. The phone worked perfectly, though.

Getting it repaired: I called HTC, who wanted to charge me $28 to ship to them in Dallas just to evaluate it. Having read other posts, I found out that they charge $240 to replace the screen.

I found two other places (Dallas & No. California) who charged $140. HTC "threatened" that it would void their warranty, but I did get it fixed at the NoCal place and it looks perfect. Bye, warranty (don't know how they could tell, anyway).

Of course, now I am going to get a case. Don't know which one, but I don't want to wait after what happened.

BTW, lots of people said that they had cracked edges on the N1 and iPhone from sitting with the phones in jeans pockets, that eventually gave them big screen cracks. Apparently, lots of pressure on tight jeans.

I hope this helps others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links