Do i need to get the Innocase II?

This is a discussion on Do i need to get the Innocase II? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; After seeing all those videos and test of the nexus one has anyone had problems with dropping their phone? Is getting a case a total ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do i need to get the Innocase II?

Do i need to get the Innocase II?

After seeing all those videos and test of the nexus one has anyone had problems with dropping their phone? Is getting a case a total must have or a extra? I'm already planning on getting a screen protector so is this necessary?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Alexpeegs View Post
    After seeing all those videos and test of the nexus one has anyone had problems with dropping their phone? Is getting a case a total must have or a extra? I'm already planning on getting a screen protector so is this necessary?
    The phone is much easier to hold with a case on imo. Im always paranoid when I'm holding it without the case cuz its so slim and light it seems like it would be very easy to drop. I don't even think about it when the case is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    The phone is much easier to hold with a case on imo. Im always paranoid when I'm holding it without the case cuz its so slim and light it seems like it would be very easy to drop. I don't even think about it when the case is on.
    Well i hope that Verizon will let get my hand on a nexus one and feel it's slim"ness" before i buy but does the phone feel like it'll break on one drop?

Well i hope that Verizon will let get my hand on a nexus one and feel it's slim"ness" before i buy but does the phone feel like it'll break on one drop?
    I don't know about the "phone" per se but I've seen a few pics already of the glass being shattered. Either way, I wouldn't want to find out!

You don't *NEED* anything.

If you are REALLY good about holding on to things, then you can always skip cases.

But is it a good idea to have SOME protection on the phone for when the dreaded drops DO happen. I've dropped my phone with my Innocase II, and it fully protected the phone. I dropped it on the side of the phone, and I think if it was CASELESS the screen would had shattered.

I personally love my Innocase. It makes holding and pushing buttons on the phone much easier. I love the slight increased thickness also.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

If anyone has bought any of these cases I would be interested in knowing if anyone lost reception with the whole back and sides being covered...??

Havent lost any bars with my case.

I also fall into the camp that feels like the phone is easier to hold onto with a case. I have smaller hands and the phone was slipping around pretty good until I got a case on it. Since then I haven't had any problems.

Also, I have the unlocked version of the phone and I would hate to drop the phone and have the screen crack. It just isn't a risk I'm willing to take.

I was just listening to music with my wired headset and the phone sitting beside me in my work truck. I forgot about the phone and jumped out of the truck. The phone fell about 3 or 4 feet and landed face down on hard concrete. I got a few marks and one small scratch toward the very top of the screen. Thankfully they are were the bezel is and not the actual display. I had the Innocase on and also the Ultimate Screen Guard. I'm pretty sure the marks and scratch did not penetrate on to the screen and if I took the screen guard off you would never know anything happened. The case has some small scratches on it but b/c it's black, you can't even tell unless your looking for it. The edges of the case wrap around the display and I think this helped to keep the display from landing flush to the ground and scratching up the whole thing. I'm pretty happy I had both of these forms of protection on or I would most definitely have some permanent damage.

I was just listening to music with my wired headset and the phone sitting beside me in my work truck. I forgot about the phone and jumped out of the truck. The phone fell about 3 or 4 feet and landed face down on hard concrete. I got a few marks and one small scratch toward the very top of the screen. Thankfully they are were the bezel is and not the actual display. I had the Innocase on and also the Ultimate Screen Guard. I'm pretty sure the marks and scratch did not penetrate on to the screen and if I took the screen guard off you would never know anything happened. The case has some small scratches on it but b/c it's black, you can't even tell unless your looking for it. The edges of the case wrap around the display and I think this helped to keep the display from landing flush to the ground and scratching up the whole thing. I'm pretty happy I had both of these forms of protection on or I would most definitely have some permanent damage.
    I'll be getting a Innocase II indeed.
    Now should I get claurive anti-glare or something like invisibleshield or phantom skinz?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links