Seidio 1600mah battery seems to be defective

This is a discussion on Seidio 1600mah battery seems to be defective within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I got this battery over a month ago. I went through several total discharge and recharges over the first couple of weeks to boost up ...

Thread: Seidio 1600mah battery seems to be defective

Seidio 1600mah battery seems to be defective

I got this battery over a month ago. I went through several total discharge and recharges over the first couple of weeks to boost up battery life.

over the last 2 weeks i have noticed a serious decrease in battery life. i have had spare parts installed so i can track partial wake app usage. nothing was unusual. i also consistently only have data sync on, no wi-fi, no BT, no GPS. i am a tech geek so i keep aware of things. i use brightness profiles and my screen is usually at my 13% or 20% setting. when i go outside i bump it to 50% or 75% briefly then bump it back. I check my battery life a couple times a day. So i track things as well.

then over the last 4-5 days, with NO APP CHANGES, the battery life was completely atrocious. i was barely using the phone and having almost no charge left at the end of the day. one example, i put my phone down with 15% battery left, set on EDGE only. i played Battlefield Bad Company 2 for about 2.5 hours and when i picked up my phone to check it, it was TOTALLY DEAD AND TURNED OFF. partial wake usage showed nothing unusual. how can a battery lose over 5% with full EDGE bars per hour when it was virtually doing nothing?

so again the next day battery was depleting quite quickly. so today i put in my stock 1400mah battery. i used the phone FAR FAR more than i did with the seidio 1600 on the recent days mentioned, and now i still have 40% left. i will test again tomorrow and do an RMA if i get the same positive results with the stock battery.

does anyone else with the 1600 Seidio battery have any similar experience?
    ---------------------
    www.simplyathos.com

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Email Seidio Customer service, or send a PM to SeidioSeidio on this forum.

They are extremely helpful, and will help you get a replacement.

Can't say if it is your usage or a malfunction. But it shouldn't be decreasing in battery life.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links