Best Brand of MicroSD Card? :)

This is a discussion on Best Brand of MicroSD Card? :) within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Well I got this 16GB 16G microSD micro SD SDHC TF Memory Card Class 6 - eBay Mobile (item 250561131115 10/04/2010 3:17:42 PM) is it ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Brand of MicroSD Card? :)

Well I got this 16GB 16G microSD micro SD SDHC TF Memory Card Class 6 - eBay Mobile (item 250561131115 10/04/2010 3:17:42 PM) is it real? It looks good to me with the packaging. It is from Taiwan so I think it will be fine. I checked out the company website and they say they design manufacture it all themselves and have been doing so for a long time.

So, I cracked.

After reading many horror stories of failed microSD cards, and wasted money, I decided to cancel my order for the A-DATA 16gb Class 6.

I went and ordered the Transcend $22 8gb Class 6 microSD.

My reason, was after reading LOTS of reviews, it seems like microSD's only last 6-12months AT LONGEST. I really wanted to go for the larger 16gb class 6 for pure space, because I could store MANY songs and videos with space to spare.

But for $60++, i don't have money to risk failure. I looked into review about A-DATA warranty, and they said that customer service is next to non-existent. I don't have money to spend on a card that will eventually fail and have to purchase another. -__-;;

I guess with a 8gb card, while its only about 3.8gb more than the one included with the Nexus, that is still a decent amount of extra space, to hold data/backups/small amount of music.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Hey Audiman it has been written earlier that Kingston are really Sandisks with different software.

Page 1, post 3 0_o

I bought a 16gb class 2 sandisk a while back when they were first released. It recently died and sandisk not only replaced it but had the replacement at my door step with in 7 business days of sending it to them..

I'd go with a 16gb class 6 personally. I usually buy all of my stuff from newegg.com. They usually have the cheapest deals and 100% legit. If someone is selling the same item at half the price of newegg, i'd be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    I bought a 16gb class 2 sandisk a while back when they were first released. It recently died and sandisk not only replaced it but had the replacement at my door step with in 7 business days of sending it to them..

I'd go with a 16gb class 6 personally. I usually buy all of my stuff from newegg.com. They usually have the cheapest deals and 100% legit. If someone is selling the same item at half the price of newegg, i'd be careful.
    So is SanDisk warranty good? How long did your MicroSD card last before failure???

Still considering getting a 16gb but probably once they go down in price.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Don't expect prices to drop until the 32gb cards come out, no one knows exactly when that will be either.

My sandisk lasted almost 2 years I think and if im not mistaken they have a lifetime warranty. I've never heard of anyone else have a micro sd card die before so I'm thinking I was just un lucky.

Sandisk,a-data, transend are all reputable companies. Go to newegg and check out customer reviews on different beams between the 8gb and 16gb to get a better feel for it..

I'm concerned about the fakes too. I emailed two sellers of 16gb class 4 sandisk on ebay, high rep sellers, but they both got very defensive when I asked how can I tell if they are fake. Here is one: Brand New! 16GB MICRO SD Sandisk Class (4) memory card - eBay (item 370348963182 end time Mar-19-10 21:03:56 PDT) This one for example says sealed package but did not mention what he means by it, after I asked him twice about it, and also got very defensive when I asked how can I tell if they are fake: SanDisk 16GB microSD microSDHC mobile ultra Class 4 +AR - eBay (item 390154302856 end time Apr-09-10 04:15:24 PDT)

If someone knows a reputable place with decent price for 16gb class 4 let me know.

give pricegrabber.com a try.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links