Best Brand of MicroSD Card? :)

This is a discussion on Best Brand of MicroSD Card? :) within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by abe12345 I'm concerned about the fakes too. I emailed two sellers of 16gb class 4 sandisk on ebay, high rep sellers, but ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Brand of MicroSD Card? :)

Quote Originally Posted by abe12345 View Post
    I'm concerned about the fakes too. I emailed two sellers of 16gb class 4 sandisk on ebay, high rep sellers, but they both got very defensive when I asked how can I tell if they are fake. Here is one: Brand New! 16GB MICRO SD Sandisk Class (4) memory card - eBay (item 370348963182 end time Mar-19-10 21:03:56 PDT) This one for example says sealed package but did not mention what he means by it, after I asked him twice about it, and also got very defensive when I asked how can I tell if they are fake: SanDisk 16GB microSD microSDHC mobile ultra Class 4 +AR - eBay (item 390154302856 end time Apr-09-10 04:15:24 PDT)

If someone knows a reputable place with decent price for 16gb class 4 let me know.

If you are looking for trusted seller, you should try to buy from a site like Amazon or Newegg.

While there can ALWAY be fakes on any site, buying directly from a seller like Amazon or Newegg means you have replacement service and are able to use your warranty if the card does fail.

If you buy from a random seller on ebay, the chances of them helping you use warranty or get a replacement is close to zero. :|

So its better to buy from a trusted seller rather than save 10-20 bucks on ebay. :|

EDIT:

I got my Class 6, 8gb Transcend card today. It formatted easily, and transferred very quickly. After my Nexus was rebooted, it quickly recognized the card and its working fine!

Haven't done any saving/writing to the card yet, so I haven't had time to see any noticeable speed differences yet.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

So the OEM 2gb card you get with the N1 is woefully slow, especially with the gallery. How much faster has a class 4 or 6 been for everybody who upgraded?

Quote Originally Posted by robt772000 View Post
    So the OEM 2gb card you get with the N1 is woefully slow, especially with the gallery. How much faster has a class 4 or 6 been for everybody who upgraded?
    You mean 4gb? The class 2 that came with the Nexus wasn't horrible speed.

But so far, it took a bit to load all my images, but now that they have been loaded, the gallery is SNAPPY. Class 6 is amazing! I think its needed for anything over 4gb.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Yeah 4gb. Brain fail. So class 6 was instant eh? Especially over the oem.

I seriously doubt that users will notice any difference in the class using the memory card for normal purposes like storing/retrieving photos, playing audio files or even videos.

The speed will most significantly play a factor when running resource intensive apps directly from the memory card - like games.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    I seriously doubt that users will notice any difference in the class using the memory card for normal purposes like storing/retrieving photos, playing audio files or even videos.

The speed will most significantly play a factor when running resource intensive apps directly from the memory card - like games.
    I've noticed that having higher amount of files makes the gallery load much slower.

So having LARGE microsd cards like 16gb with a lower class will of course read/write files slower than a higher class. The gallery has to READ the files to access them.

Of course using apps from sd REQUIRES a high class to even work....
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Yes. The gallery I think would be an issue if you have a low class card. I'm also experiencing slow gallery with my 4gb class 2. I will be going overseas soon and I will be using the gallery to look at high resolution maps, which I have found are loading slow, or not at all with my current sd card.

I have still not found a good place to purchase the 16gb class 4 sandisk. New egg doesn't offer this. Kingston might be ok too. Just want something reliable with good warranty, lifetime if possible. Not sure if they offer lifetime on class 4 and above.

I have still not found a good place to purchase the 16gb class 4 sandisk.
    Got mine at Amazon:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-microSDHC-MobileMate-SDSDQY-016G-Package/dp/B001QSZ4W4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1265430002&sr =8-2]Amazon.com: Sandisk 16GB Ultra microSDHC CLASS 4 / MobileMate micro Reader (SDSDQY-016G, Retail Package): Electronics[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    I have still not found a good place to purchase the 16gb class 4 sandisk.
    Got mine at Amazon:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-microSDHC-MobileMate-SDSDQY-016G-Package/dp/B001QSZ4W4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1265430002&sr =8-2]Amazon.com: Sandisk 16GB Ultra microSDHC CLASS 4 / MobileMate micro Reader (SDSDQY-016G, Retail Package): Electronics[/ame]
    You know that's not really Amazon right? It is Komputerbay. Still, Amazon has better buyer protection than ebay and nonname online stores in case something goes wrong. Anyway, I reconsidering Sandisk. Seems like Adata is a better deal, lifetime warranty, good reviews on newegg, and class 6, all for $62. What incentive is there to go with Sandisk 16gb, class 4 for $88 and 10 year warranty?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links