Best Brand of MicroSD Card? :)

This is a discussion on Best Brand of MicroSD Card? :) within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; On second look the reviews of Adata are not good. Better than transcend, but still, 18% poor rating is very bad. Most of the poor ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Best Brand of MicroSD Card? :)

On second look the reviews of Adata are not good. Better than transcend, but still, 18% poor rating is very bad. Most of the poor reviews complained that it stopped working after a while or after they filled it up passed a certain amount of data. I wonder how many of the good reviews were made prematurely, just after they got it they saw it worked, but later they might find out it is not good. I wonder if they can edit their reviews. And lifetime warranty is no good if the company goes out of business. Though, there is more incentive to write a bad review than a good review. Chances are if you got a good deal you're not going to write a positive review as much as if you got a bad deal and want to vent.

What incentive is there to go with Sandisk 16gb, class 4 for $88 and 10 year warranty?
    The brand is reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    What incentive is there to go with Sandisk 16gb, class 4 for $88 and 10 year warranty?
    The brand is reliable.
    That is a valid point. The difference between class 4 sandisk and class 6 Adata, 10 year warranty on Sandisk (which is sufficient IMO, 10 years from now these cards will be much cheaper, and newer technologies might be the norm) vs. lifetime warranty on Adata, and $88 Sandisk VS $60 Adata, all to me are insignificant if I have to deal with card failure, which means possible data loss, and the hassle of getting a replacement.

So Sandisk right now seems like a solid company. But brand name alone does not mean much to me anymore, after I got a bad deal on a Sony Vaio, which I paid lots of money for and assumed it was top of the line. Turned out to be a junk, and poor customer service. Got a different similar model replacement from Sony, turned out to be a bigger junk.

For now I will stick with the 4gb that came with the phone. I still got about 2gb left on it and don't expect it to fill up any time soon. Chances are the microsdhc prices might drop significantly over the next year or so, and also will have more time to do research about it.

Interesting note about Sandisk class 4 vs. Adata Class 6, a customer review of Adata Class 6 reported higher write and read speed under certain settings by Sandisk class 4 over Adata Class 6: Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A-DATA 16 GB Class 6 microSDHC Flash Memory Card AUSDH16GCL6-RA1

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    Don't expect prices to drop until the 32gb cards come out, no one knows exactly when that will be either.

My sandisk lasted almost 2 years I think and if im not mistaken they have a lifetime warranty. I've never heard of anyone else have a micro sd card die before so I'm thinking I was just un lucky.

Sandisk,a-data, transend are all reputable companies. Go to newegg and check out customer reviews on different beams between the 8gb and 16gb to get a better feel for it..
    32gb cards should be available next month. read the link:

You Could Easily Swallow This 32GB microSD Card | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

B&H Photography is the best place to buyt these. I'm a loyal Newegg person, but B&H is fantastic. I ordered my speakers (for my dock) from them and they arrived in 2 days. I paid 2/3 price for them plus free shipping.

They have frequent sales on cards because they sell a lot of them (photog store). They have a Kingston 8gb class 4 for $20.

Check out the link. Just remember they are Jewish owned and will be closed for Passover (March 29th - April 6th).

Linky-Dink:
    micro memory card

Between A-Data and Sandisk, I'd say go with Sandisk.

I originally was purchasing a A-Data 16gb because of the said lifetime warranty.

But from many reviews that I have read, A-Data is EXTREMELY hard to contact for replacements, and customer services is next to non-existent.

Transcend is MUCH better than A-Data in my opinion. They have been around longer than A-Data, and have much more positive reviews on usage, and replacement on all of the sites I've seen.

I got my Transcend off Amazon, and they sent it super fast, in a time-saving packaging, which was simple and to the point. ALL Transcend microSD cards have a lifetime warranty, and come with a warranty card.

I looked into the Transcend website, and they have a RMA replacement form, and make it somewhat easy to replace failed cards. It seems like the life of a MicroSD card is under 12 months, so unless you are the type of person who can afford to discard the card and purchase a new one, having at LEAST a 6month warranty is needed.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Between A-Data and Sandisk, I'd say go with Sandisk.

I originally was purchasing a A-Data 16gb because of the said lifetime warranty.

But from many reviews that I have read, A-Data is EXTREMELY hard to contact for replacements, and customer services is next to non-existent.

Transcend is MUCH better than A-Data in my opinion. They have been around longer than A-Data, and have much more positive reviews on usage, and replacement on all of the sites I've seen.

I got my Transcend off Amazon, and they sent it super fast, in a time-saving packaging, which was simple and to the point. ALL Transcend microSD cards have a lifetime warranty, and come with a warranty card.

I looked into the Transcend website, and they have a RMA replacement form, and make it somewhat easy to replace failed cards. It seems like the life of a MicroSD card is under 12 months, so unless you are the type of person who can afford to discard the card and purchase a new one, having at LEAST a 6month warranty is needed.
    Are you sure Transcend is lifetime warranty? New Egg says it is 2 years:

Newegg.com - Transcend 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card with Ultra-compact P3 USB Reader Model TS16GUSDHC6-P3 - Flash Memory

what do u think of transcend micro sd cards??? they r good?? i want a class 6 memory, but dont have enough money, the transcend its $20 and the sandisk 50... >.< why??

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    what do u think of transcend micro sd cards??? they r good?? i want a class 6 memory, but dont have enough money, the transcend its $20 and the sandisk 50... >.< why??
    i just purchased a class 6 transcend 8gb. really hard to find a class 6 Sandisk around here. I must say its much better than Kingston. My previous class 4 Kingston couldnt be read at times. So sometimes i press my phone to realise the wallpaper and theme was reverted back to default (which was very annoying)

they r reliable? i mean no fail, no wrong speed??

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links