Best Brand of MicroSD Card? :)

This is a discussion on Best Brand of MicroSD Card? :) within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Budske they r reliable? i mean no fail, no wrong speed?? seems so. The worst are Kingston brands since they have very ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Best Brand of MicroSD Card? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    they r reliable? i mean no fail, no wrong speed??
    seems so. The worst are Kingston brands since they have very low quality control as read from bunnie's blog. I think quite a number mentioned Transcend and A-data as good alternatives but Sandisk is still the best i guess

Quote Originally Posted by abe12345 View Post
    On second look the reviews of Adata are not good. Better than transcend, but still, 18% poor rating is very bad. Most of the poor reviews complained that it stopped working after a while or after they filled it up passed a certain amount of data. I wonder how many of the good reviews were made prematurely, just after they got it they saw it worked, but later they might find out it is not good. I wonder if they can edit their reviews. And lifetime warranty is no good if the company goes out of business. Though, there is more incentive to write a bad review than a good review. Chances are if you got a good deal you're not going to write a positive review as much as if you got a bad deal and want to vent.
    I bet they got fake ones. people think because it came in a 'factory' package or they bought it on Amazon its a real brand. if you get dramatic failures like they are describing, chances are its a crappy cheap counterfeit.

I bet they got fake ones. people think because it came in a 'factory' package or they bought it on Amazon its a real brand. if you get dramatic failures like they are describing, chances are its a crappy cheap counterfeit.[/QUOTE]

I tried searching on Amazon. The retail package ones are much more expensive than the 'static package' or 'bulk package' ones. So i was wondering if the retail versions are genuine. Too pricey to be fake (and infuriating if it is)

I'm rockin' the 16gb A-data class 6 and have zero problems.
    I'm rooted, running the Cyanogen rom with Apps2SD enabled and I have a 1gb ext3 partition on the card for apps/games and there is no noticeable difference in speed between the internal memory and this card. It's flippin' sweet to have all that internal memory totally free...

and how about a 8gb class 2 sandisk memory?? :S its slow??? :S

8g Class 6 Transcend is amazing! Budske you should just go for the class 6. They are definitely cheap enough.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    8g Class 6 Transcend is amazing! Budske you should just go for the class 6. They are definitely cheap enough.
    yeah, but no shipping to chile from amazon.com

Meritline.com - PQI 8GB Micro SDHC Card with Card Adapter, PQI 8GB MicroSD Card (Class 6), Model 6ARG-008GPR01B
    try this one PQI 8G Class 6 for &19, no tax, free shipping

i just placed an order on meritline.

I've been using PQI memory card for over 10 years. What I bought 10 years ago still work perfectly fine.

dont go with 16g class6 made by those small start-ups, no kidding.

i would say, if you want to upload tons of movies and musics, better go with 16gb+
    or, simply go for this one. it is a perfect fit for me, as situation with my n1 is:
    2G GPS, 2G music, 1G photos and videos, 2G other apps

Just placed my order for SanDisk 16GB microSDHC Card, should be here by Wed

I took a chance on a Topram 16 GB class 4 card via buy.com for about $30 last week. It seems to be working fine, but neither the packaging nor Topram's web site nor buy.com's site says anything about a warranty. Hmmmm. I hope it lasts.

I transferred several GB of music and video to the card through the phone (not a card reader) and it went in at 5 MBps, so they weren't lying about the class rating of the card.

TD

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links