32GB Micro SD Card

This is a discussion on 32GB Micro SD Card within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by abe12345 True. Class 2 must be sufficient. But perhaps it might not be a bad investment to go with a higher class, ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 32GB Micro SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by abe12345 View Post
    True. Class 2 must be sufficient. But perhaps it might not be a bad investment to go with a higher class, in case you might need the card for another device in the future, like HD video for example. What things other than HD video would a high class card be useful for?
    Just faster transfer of file to the card. So if you're copying movies and stuff it would be a bit faster. Not sure it's really worth a price difference though. People these days are very impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abe12345 View Post
    True. Class 2 must be sufficient. But perhaps it might not be a bad investment to go with a higher class, in case you might need the card for another device in the future, like HD video for example. What things other than HD video would a high class card be useful for?
    Just faster transfer of file to the card. So if you're copying movies and stuff it would be a bit faster. Not sure it's really worth a price difference though. People these days are very impatient.
    Seems not worth it. If you are buying a higher class card with the intent of using it several years in the future on another device that might put the higher write speed to good use then it might be worth it...then again it might not considering that several years from now the prices might have dropped dramatically. I will probably just get the class 2 and save some money, or opt for a 32 GB which is what I would like to do if it is not too much difference in quality between 32 and 16 GB. I though I read somewhere higher GB microsdhc cards have less reliability, or maybe that was higher class cards, I don't recall.

Another question, do you know how well your HD video would function if it was a class 2?

Just to update, I transferred some large files using that class 2 card and I got a little over 6MB/s.

So that's pretty good I think.

I got mine

I got mine at the verizon wireless store.

Quote Originally Posted by Euforeik View Post
    I got mine at the verizon wireless store.
    Sounds like you probably paid too much.

I asked them at t mobile said they are 98 dollars but would have to order it
    Iphone has an app for that.......Nexus does not need apps its already perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    For a 16GB class 2 micro SD card?

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    For a 16GB class 2 micro SD card?
    cant be unless its gold :rofl3:

It was for the 32gb one
    Iphone has an app for that.......Nexus does not need apps its already perfect

Question

It was for the 32gb one
    The only 32GB microSD cards that I've seen are in the $300-$500 price range. Are you sure they were not talking about standard SD cards?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links