Dock Question

This is a discussion on Dock Question within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Am I correct that the official Google Dock plugs into a 110 wall outlet? It appears that the aftermarket docks only get their power from ...

Thread: Dock Question

Dock Question

Am I correct that the official Google Dock plugs into a 110 wall outlet? It appears that the aftermarket docks only get their power from a computer, is this correct?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post
    Am I correct that the official Google Dock plugs into a 110 wall outlet? It appears that the aftermarket docks only get their power from a computer, is this correct?

Thanks
    I am not sure about other 3rd party docks, but the Google dock plugs in to the wall.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

This nexus one dock has a wall charger and a data cable for the computer. Also comes with an extra battery slot charger.

You can use the Google dock either with AC adapter or USB connection to PC. The USB is for power only. It will not connect and mout as USB drive.

Thanks
    1. YES

2. Depends on which aftermarket doc.

What makes the Google Doc nice is its ability to stream audio to your stereo and access other Nexus features as it charges.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post

Thanks
    1. YES

2. Depends on which aftermarket doc.

What makes the Google Doc nice is its ability to stream audio to your stereo and access other Nexus features as it charges.

The big reason I want it it because it puts it in Home mode with the clock and weather features enabled by default
    Bought the AT&T N1.

With that "home mode" that the phone is put into on the dock. Does it originally show the clock app for a few minutes then switch to a much more bland green clock that just shows the time and date? I like being able to look over at my nightstand and also see the current temp outside. Is there a way to keep it in the standard clock?

Quote Originally Posted by Kluggy View Post
    With that "home mode" that the phone is put into on the dock. Does it originally show the clock app for a few minutes then switch to a much more bland green clock that just shows the time and date? I like being able to look over at my nightstand and also see the current temp outside. Is there a way to keep it in the standard clock?
    It does change to the "bland green clock" after 5 minutes to conserve energy. I'm not aware of anyway to modify that.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links