Battery empry in 4 hours after placing screen protector

This is a discussion on Battery empry in 4 hours after placing screen protector within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by kcs7272 Originally Posted by jaeisber is it possible that the screen protector could be causing the phone to think you are touching ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery empry in 4 hours after placing screen protector

Quote Originally Posted by kcs7272 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    is it possible that the screen protector could be causing the phone to think you are touching the screen when in reality it is just the screen protector? Just a thought, im not up on all of the touchscreen technologies and how they decipher between your pocket, a case, and your finger.
    The screen protector should not make the phone think you are touching it. The touch screen is capacitive, it works by when you break an electric barrier (that is just the simple way to describe it)
    Thanks for the description, that makes sense. I wouldnt assume the touchscreen could cause this, but when the battery life extends after taking the protector off, it has to have something to do with it.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

You probably had an app running in the background. I had Pandora running (no volume) and it ate my battery in 4 hrs or so. I have one of those Zagg protectors and didn't have a problem.

Amazing....Is that ture? Ever seen this before

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobalu View Post
    Maybe something to do with the proximity sensor?
    The only thing the screen protector could do to the proximity sensor is to make it think it was close to a face and therefore dim the screen. This would actually save battery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links