Awesome Elago M2 Nexus One Stand/Mount :)

This is a discussion on Awesome Elago M2 Nexus One Stand/Mount :) within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I saw this on Amazon a while ago, but just recently decided to purchase it and test it out! [ame=http://www.amazon.com/elago-Mobile-Stand-Dock-iPhone/dp/B002V3LV70/ref=pd_sim_cps_2]Amazon.com: elago M2 Mobile Stand, Dock ...

Thread: Awesome Elago M2 Nexus One Stand/Mount :)

Awesome Elago M2 Nexus One Stand/Mount :)

I saw this on Amazon a while ago, but just recently decided to purchase it and test it out!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/elago-Mobile-Stand-Dock-iPhone/dp/B002V3LV70/ref=pd_sim_cps_2]Amazon.com: elago M2 Mobile Stand, Dock for iPhone 1G, 3G, 3G S: Cell Phones & Service[/ame]

I was worried that it wouldn't fit my nexus with my Seidio innocase on it, but it fits perfectly! Here are pictures!!

Heres my review:

I know it looks simple, but that is what it is. It a solid single cut piece of aluminum, and comes black or silver. I got black because I liked that, but I should of got Silver which would match my new HP laptop..... But it also matches Macbook Pro.

It has rubber on the bottom, but thats it. Some people were saying the hooks that hold the phone can scratch the screen, but I have both a case and screen, so I'm not worried about the edges. You could also probably use some electrical tape to pad the edges of the hooks.

It fits pretty much ALL cases, which is the biggest reason I got it. The official nexus dock has bluetooth and whatnot, but wouldn't fit my Innocase. I don't like the look of the seidio jr dock, and WONT take off my case every night to charge it. It has a hole in the back for charger or USB cable to be placed.

It holds the phone at the PERFECT angle for viewing, and as a dock/desktop clock. I bought a cheap 4 dollar micro USB cable and now have a permanent bedside dock.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wonder how snug it would hold a stock N1. Looks like a candidate for car.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Wonder how snug it would hold a stock N1. Looks like a candidate for car.
    Wouldn't be safe for car unless you secured the base with velcro or one of those non-slid dashboard pads.

Its very lightweight, and can fall over if bumped or lots of vibration.

I took of my case just for you and snapped some pictures....

My reply is ehh.... There is a fair amount of space between the phone and the hooks. It would be fine without a case on a table or desk, but i would NOT recommend trying to use it without a case in a car. It made me nervous sticking the bare phone on the stand, because it is ALUMINUM and if placed roughly, it could scratch the edge of the phone.

@NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

T&C
    I bought a holder from them for an iPhone it was ok but really $$

$22 for a holder is a little high but it looks cool!

Wish they would make a car dock even if its just a holder.

@NeonMonster - thanks for the photos.

Looks great - I think I may pick up two for home and work.
    Rooted Nexus One

That's a nice stand. I'd want some padding at the "hook" area though. Maybe a thin layer of silicon would work.

While it's nice, it can't hold it's own next to my high tech glue-sticked three business card holder!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post
    That's a nice stand. I'd want some padding at the "hook" area though. Maybe a thin layer of silicon would work.

While it's nice, it can't hold it's own next to my high tech glue-sticked three business card holder!
    Got one for the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    Looks great - I think I may pick up two for home and work.
    $25 is a BIT much for what is is. But I really love the studiness and design of it. I think it looks AMAZING on, and is sooo perfect for next to the bed as a clock/alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post

I'm gonna look into what I can pad the bottom with. They have rubber tips at the hardware but idk if I could find some to fit the hooks. If anything a few tiny pieces of gaffers or electric tape would be perfect.

I'm kinda jealous of your dock but it doesnt look like it supports bluetooth!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links