App Review: ROM Manager - ClockWorkMod Revcovery (Root)

This is a discussion on App Review: ROM Manager - ClockWorkMod Revcovery (Root) within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Well droid fans, my personal review on the ROM Manager that is in the droid market for root users. At first i was like "OH, ...

Thread: App Review: ROM Manager - ClockWorkMod Revcovery (Root)

Arrow App Review: ROM Manager - ClockWorkMod Revcovery (Root)

Well droid fans, my personal review on the ROM Manager that is in the droid market for root users.

At first i was like "OH, NO!" it wrote over my Amon Ra Recovery.

So now I am running ClockWorkMod Recovery, and honestly I like it better. It has nandroid and allows you to go through your sd card directories, so if you downloaded a ROM straight to your phone you can go to the download directory and install it.

What I really like about the ROM Manager is that it takes care of what I need from the application and I get to name the back ups (I know you can rename this on your pc or using a file manager). It also automatically reboots and runs the process which you selected. Works perfect with CM and has a CM download section so you may easily update CM or install other ROMs through this application.

Now to a little bad. In the Sense UI by MoDaCo, the ROM Manager for some reason does not reboot your phone and preform the task, you need to do the manual fast boot and go into the recovery, then you the task you asked the ROM Manger to preform when in the ROM starts automatically as soon as you open the recovery.

I have not used all the features such as "Fix Permissions" (have yet to need to use it) or "Check for ROM Updates" (not a premium user yet).

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

dose the n1 need to be rooted before you can use this app... or dose the app do it all for you???

this program is to allow you to update and maintain your ROMS. You would have to go through the unlock and root process before using this app.
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

Part Monster, Part Machine, ALL ANDROID

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links