SKYPE for Verizon Android only?

This is a discussion on SKYPE for Verizon Android only? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Fring is so bad compared to the native Skype app on the iPhone. I use it all the time while travelling and the call out ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SKYPE for Verizon Android only?

Fring is so bad compared to the native Skype app on the iPhone. I use it all the time while travelling and the call out feature over wifi is perfect. I really wish we had this for Android. Seems silly that it is only for the iPhone..come on Skype!

excelent post, OP

i have verizon and im waiting to upgrade. fortunately my 2 year contract is up and i can leave at any time. verizon is seriously getting on my nerves with their proprietary crap. i am really looking forward to skype mobile, but if verizon makes it a verizon-exclusive app, then i'll leave them just to spite them. if its not accessible to everybody then i don't even want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eplchamps0304 View Post
    I use fring over 3g and never get disconnected. I talk for 30min average.

Actually I ment the Fring application. It seems to quit after a while essentially killing your Skype connection.

I have Fring and never disconnected. I only call my international friends and the quality isn't great. I'm still nervous that TMobile is gonna charge me minutes.

It's pretty ridiculous there is no Skype for the Andriod marketplace other than Verizon. Really pisses me off, the whole point of the freedoms of USA are being violated with the whole cell phone business. Someone really should legally challenge what they do and charge.

Skype is really dirty to me now. Their app should be put out by them freely on android as it is done on windows and on the iphone. Once I heard about the partnership with verizon I knew that consumers would loose out. Its a free service why should they need to partner with anyone? Well no skype over wifi. Skype was built for wifi. Verizon is really the worst carrier in the country.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links