Any info for custom pdf program

This is a discussion on Any info for custom pdf program within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Looking for a program that i can set up as a pdf with fillable fields, so when i go give an estimate i can input ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any info for custom pdf program

Any info for custom pdf program

Looking for a program that i can set up as a pdf with fillable fields, so when i go give an estimate i can input the customers info and then email back to office as well as print out via bluetooth on my bluetooth mobile printer.....anyone?

ps. probably pushing it with this, but would be great if i could create it on my office pc, then load it to the phone, but i doubt that is possible....

thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've been using RepliGo Reader to handle rather long pdf documents/manuals I carry with me. I haven't tried to load a pdf form and enter into it, but I can try that later and report back if that's helpful. Maybe by then someone will point you to a better app.

I'll check back later with the results.

if you get a chance, that would be great...

Well ... good news and bad news.

I created a pdf form on the computer, tested it (on the computer) to be sure it would allow data entry. I then used both the BlueTooth File Transfer program (from the Market) and sent it to myself as an email attachment in case it would make a difference how it was received on the N1. Both times the form came across and was readable using either RepliGo or the built-in Office app, but it was read only on the Android. No way to enter text.

I then emailed the pdf form from the Android to another account I have and was surprised to see the form was still a form when it reached the computer. It was possible to fill in each of the form's field from the computer when received from an Android phone.

So, while you cannot use it to enter data about your customers and email back to your office, it is possible to have a pdf form on the Android that can be emailed to a client so they can complete it and email it back to you or your office.

It is possible that it matters what version of Adobe is used to read the form as to whether it is editable or not. I use version 9, but maybe the apps on the Android are different (older) versions.

I think it's worth checking with the RepliGo developer to see if he has suggestions, or if is is possible (now or in the future). This would be very handy.

Thank you very much for taking your time to do that. I did some researching and found the same thing, there is no program yet that will allow the form to be edited from withing the phone. Yes, it would be very handy to have that funtionality. Maybe I will email the Repligo programmer.
    Meanwhile, I will keep on it.
    Thanks again.

Shead Spreet

I'm not sure about creating pdf's on the fly with a phone, but I use a program on my Nexus One called SheadSpreet that allows me to create spreadsheets on my phone that I can then print out (using PrinterShare to print to remote printers in my office) or email to myself as an attachment (fully editable from the receiving end) and/or save and transfer to my computer for backup or just send to my Dropbox account for later use.
    I use this program to do my inventory every week and it's been a life saver. Being able to do all this from my phone has been great. There's a free version that's limited in how large of a spreadsheet you can create. But the paid version (I forget how much, but I think it was under $5.00) has no limitations. I've been using this app for about two months now and haven't had any trouble with it. Sounds like it would work for what you're describing. You can try the free version first to see if it works for you. Good Luck!

mah
    I haven't seen this thread previously... is there still a need for a program to allow form field editing of forms? Is this the sort of tool people would be willing to pay for and, if so, what would be a reasonable price?

Ahhh, Unfortunately Documents2Go doesn't support PDF input. It does, however, support Microsoft Word to Go, Excel to Go, and Powerpoint. As far as I can see, you can only open PDF files.

Maybe if you were to open up a PDF file, it will let you edit / enter your own data? The application is $14.00 , but I'm sure you can torrent the APK file somewhere. Good luck.

i would pay for it, and i havent found a solution yet.....i think there is a little confusion as to what id like to do....
    when im out in the field giving an estimate, i would like to be able to open a pdf (that i previously created), that has fields i can fill in such as name address price and other details....i dont mind if the pdf form is stored on google docs and i can access it and fill it in and save it, or if it is stored on my phone, either way....i just want the ability to fill in a pdf form and save it, but also print it out to my bluetooth mobile printer for a copy to give to customer....

I've never seen anything for Android that does PDF Forms. Adobe's PDF viewer is in the Market but it doesn't have it. Although, if it's going to appear anywhere soon it would probably be in Adobe's app.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links