Best profile app to mimike WM peak & off-peak times?

This is a discussion on Best profile app to mimike WM peak & off-peak times? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, my situation is that I need to have the sort of functionality that BlackBerry provides with their "Priority 1" emails. Basically I want to ...

Thread: Best profile app to mimike WM peak & off-peak times?

Best profile app to mimike WM peak & off-peak times?

Hi, my situation is that I need to have the sort of functionality that BlackBerry provides with their "Priority 1" emails. Basically I want to be alerted just on specific emails during the night (on-call type situation). But I don't think there are any apps that provide the BB functionality.

On WM6 phones I handle this by having gmail forward the critical emails to me as a SMS. Then with ActiveSync on WM6 I can set the email to not disturb me during the night by setting it to push during the day and manual during the night. That way only SMS messages wake me up at night, not every single email.

I'm kind of overwhelmed by the number of profile apps in the marketplace. And not many of them mention whether they treat email separately from SMS messages from their descriptions. (BTW: I'm using Handcent SMS which is working fine so far I think.)

Just wondering what people's opinions are for the best profile app to give me this sort of functionality? Paid or free doesn't matter much. Just the basic ability to turn off emails (gmail autosync) automatically at night but to still sound for SMS. Something lightweight and simple?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I THINK the app Setting Profiles are going to let that be an option in their next update. Not currently possible..

Thanks elvis - that looks like it might do what I want with the pro version.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links