Google talk chat cache

This is a discussion on Google talk chat cache within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; When I open Google talk and open a conversation that I had closed, it still has all the text from the chat. Even for chats ...

Thread: Google talk chat cache

Google talk chat cache

When I open Google talk and open a conversation that I had closed, it still has all the text from the chat. Even for chats two days old. Is this chat text downloaded from Google servers or is it stored on the device? I feel if it is stored on the device its wasting space unnecessarily. Any info on this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by ksc6000 View Post
    When I open Google talk and open a conversation that I had closed, it still has all the text from the chat. Even for chats two days old. Is this chat text downloaded from Google servers or is it stored on the device? I feel if it is stored on the device its wasting space unnecessarily. Any info on this?
    In Google talk, the text in the last chat is not erased and therefore resides on your Nexus.

Nature of the design!!

Thank you for the reply. I don't like that it saves it on the device. I'm kind of a memory nazi lol. Speaking of memory, I know many feel there is no need to use advanced app killer, but if you do use it, is it bad for your device in any way?

When you open a convo in GTalk, press the menu button softkey. A menu pops up and you can choose "Chat on record" or "Chat off record" (the text changes depending what mode you're in). I believe the Chat off record stops things from being saved on both ends. That's how the desktop and web version work anyway.

I use Advanced Task Killer free version. But I don't go crazy with it!! I may kill FB or Maps if their running and I don't need them. Really, dunno how much good it does as most of my battery is used up talking or by the brightness of the display.

application killers can fry your flux capacitor

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links