Number of apps can be downloaded into n1

This is a discussion on Number of apps can be downloaded into n1 within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; As the N1 phone memory has 512MB on board & all apps downloaded can only be stored in the phone memory. (One of the short ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Number of apps can be downloaded into n1

Number of apps can be downloaded into n1

As the N1 phone memory has 512MB on board & all apps downloaded can only be stored in the phone memory. (One of the short comings of the N1) From your experience (NI owners) how many apps can you install into the phone? I don't know how far is true but I heard that the next SW upgrade will enable the apps to be stored in the external memory card. Thanks mate!!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not sure how many, to be honest I think it depends on the size off the apps you are downloading. Rooted nexus ones with cyanogen can already save apps to sd card so the limit is endless in that respect.

I believe rooted NI will void the 1 year warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by dlff View Post
    I believe rooted NI will void the 1 year warranty.

Correct!!

BTW...

There is talk that the next OTA update will give increase on board memory.

So far I have 140 apps on mine, and still have 40MB left to use.

Red face Seriously?

Seriously, you want your phone to be another repository of unused apps just like your computer? As much as I dread doing it, the biggest relief is reformatting my PC and starting from scratch every couple of years.

That last dude has 140 apps. For sure he's only going to use ten to twenty tops more than once per month! Seriously, you need more than one hundred and forty apps cluttering up your phone?

As any computer technician knows, over time all systems will become much slower and have buggy performance issues. Why do this to your phone as well?

as long as i can get a good 30 im happy

Quote Originally Posted by Future1investor View Post
    Seriously, you want your phone to be another repository of unused apps just like your computer? As much as I dread doing it, the biggest relief is reformatting my PC and starting from scratch every couple of years.

That last dude has 140 apps. For sure he's only going to use ten to twenty tops more than once per month! Seriously, you need more than one hundred and forty apps cluttering up your phone?

As any computer technician knows, over time all systems will become much slower and have buggy performance issues. Why do this to your phone as well?
    Yeah I kind of went overboard with the apps when I got the phone. I probably use about 12 of them, and the rest just sit there looking pretty for when I show people my phone. They all go "Wow you have so many things you can do".

Most free apps are under 1MB, so you got space for some houndred apps on your phone. But 512MB? don't forget that the apps that were on the phone when u got it takes space too and that means that your phone have 200MB or something when you set it up.

I am really scared of using all the space for apps. I am deleting apps i don't need even if they are under 100 kb. I don't want to use all of my space. I had that problem on my old phone. the MicroSD on that one was 512MB, i used almost all the space. Thats one of the reasons i changed ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Forge View Post
    Most free apps are under 1MB, so you got space for some houndred apps on your phone. But 512MB? don't forget that the apps that were on the phone when u got it takes space too and that means that your phone have 200MB or something when you set it up.

I am really scared of using all the space for apps. I am deleting apps i don't need even if they are under 100 kb. I don't want to use all of my space. I had that problem on my old phone. the MicroSD on that one was 512MB, i used almost all the space. Thats one of the reasons i changed ^^
    A really good app to use to keep track of your apps (how much space you are using) is "Mini Info". You can place it on your homescreen as a widget, and it shows you battery life (not just in chunks like the default, but as %, so you see 85%), internal memory used and remaining, and micro sd memory used and remaining.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links