Any need for dolphin browser now that nexus one has multitouch?

This is a discussion on Any need for dolphin browser now that nexus one has multitouch? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I downloaded dolphin browser last night and it seems to work identical to the stock browser. I do like that it uses tabs but I ...

Thread: Any need for dolphin browser now that nexus one has multitouch?

Any need for dolphin browser now that nexus one has multitouch?

I downloaded dolphin browser last night and it seems to work identical to the stock browser. I do like that it uses tabs but I don't feel the need for gestures. So that is the only plus I see to using it. Also I notice that the text rendering is slightly better on the stock browser.
    I would love to hear other people's thoughts and I hope this message doesn't seem unnecessary to the mods as I did do a search and really didn't find a comprehensive comparison.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Dolphin is my default one. I just love it. Tabs, themes, I like the fact you can actually exit when finished, some other features I like but I'm forgetting now.

Another cool thing I like about dolphin is you can use the volume button to scroll up or down on a screen. Which comes in handy sometimes on sites like facebook where i accidentally press 'like' buttons sometimes.

Great question. I also wondered this.

Perhaps you could open up the comparison to other browsers such as opera and layar reality?

I'm also having no issue with the stock browser. Maybe I'm missing something :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Another cool thing I like about dolphin is you can use the volume button to scroll up or down on a screen. Which comes in handy sometimes on sites like facebook where i accidentally press 'like' buttons sometimes.
    One of my favorite features is the scroll using the volume keys. xScope does that too. I actually use the stock one, Opera Mini, and xScope. They all have good and bad points.

Stock is good for usual day-to-day browsing for me.

Opera I like because of the mouse feature. You don't need to go through all the selectable links to get to what you want. Just mouse to it.

xScope I like because of the volume buttons to scroll, and the ability to use "PC" as the layout. Sometimes I hate when you want to see the full site, and all you get is the mobile version. Also I like you can use just one finger to zoom in and out (like pinch to zoom, but you just tap your finger twice. Once to activate it, and then the second tap you hold, and then move your finger left or right to zoom in or out).

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links