National Rail Application

This is a discussion on National Rail Application within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I hope this is in the right place. I'm a newbie who is trying to come to terms with the Android Market after 20 months ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Rail Application

National Rail Application

I hope this is in the right place. I'm a newbie who is trying to come to terms with the Android Market after 20 months with an iPhone.

I'm a UK Nexus user and have been trying without success to get an application called National Rail. I know it is on the Market and I have all the codes etc.

If I'm right it seems that not all phones are able to see the same applications. It may be that the Market sees my phone as being US when the program is UK based.

How do we go about getting this application. Are there any workrounds I should know.

I've not been able to contact the author

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Market hiding apps

I don't know why it wouldn't show up. I do know that Market will hide apps if your phone does not support the requirements of the app. Do you know if the app is specifically for the UK or is it for the US? I have heard of the phone not locating correctly and tagging it as being in a completely different place. My first suggestion is to reboot the phone. Best way to do that is pull the battery, hold the power button for several seconds, so all capacitors dissipate, and then put battery back in and power on. This should hopefully solve any software issue of it being locked in some how. Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply. I've tried a reboot to no avail. It must be to do with permissions. The App is for UK train times. Silly thing is I can see two other apps by the developer which are also UK based.

If you haven't already, you may have better luck posting the issue directly with Google in their Android Market technical help forum...

Thanks - posted there yesterday. Maybe when the phone is 'officially' released in the UK things will change.

cxm
    I think the issue probably down to the os version. I saw on androlib that some nexus users were complaining it didn't work or forced close. They might have removed it for newer versions of andoid whilst they fix the problem - they also had a free version that they had to remove "due to licensing issues"

Thanxs everybody. I'll have to play the wait and see game

A Google Search brought up this link to the app. It has a QR code so you can download it easily:

National Rail v2.0.0 Application for Android | Travel

Thanks Maris

That website was one of my first ports of call. Sadly, even scanning the QR code does not work.

It is either withdrawn or the developers have decided it is not compatible with the Nexus

Just heard from the developer and the app has been withdrawn at the request of National Rail enquiries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links