Barcode Scanner- OWN barcode

This is a discussion on Barcode Scanner- OWN barcode within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; so it seems like its pretty easy and sorta cool to share contacts with barcode scanner. My question is how do I pull up MY ...

Thread: Barcode Scanner- OWN barcode

Barcode Scanner- OWN barcode

so it seems like its pretty easy and sorta cool to share contacts with barcode scanner.
    My question is how do I pull up MY barcode. wouldn't it seem obvious that this would be a direct button rather than how easy it is for other contacts?

im using the default barcode scanner app.

thanks
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    I'm not aware of any such thing as "your barcode".

A barcode is just a graphical representation of some text... barcodes on products in stores are typically just a numeric value (and often the number is above or below it in text). QR codes (square codes often used on websites for download links) are just http:// (or market:// or other type) links encoded that way.

To do what you're asking for, you would need to define a contact format that a barcode would hold (and its possible that the barcode format cannot hold enough data, depending on how much data your contact has in it), and you would need to design an application to build the barcode from a contact, and another to import a contact from a barcode.

All in all it sounds like a cool idea. I don't know of anyone having implemented this though.

Not sure exactly what you're asking but you can create QR codes using this website:

QR-Code Generator

There is a share feature in barcode scanner that allows you pull up a contact in barcode and someone else scan it for the contact info.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWAyD4qiUsQ]YouTube - Google Contacts & QR Barcodes[/ame]

I would have thought that having a way to pull up your own info on your phone to share this way would have been developed first before sharing other contacts. But then again maybe I just can't seem to find it?
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010

I see now. I guess you could add yourself to your contacts as a work-around or make a QR code and store it on your phone as an image.

Quote Originally Posted by xkillerbx View Post
    I see now. I guess you could add yourself to your contacts as a work-around or make a QR code and store it on your phone as an image.
    ya think im gonna do one of those. Thanks for the link, I may make a few QR's for a few different things.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010

I had the same problem as yourself, and in the end I made myself my own barcode label and added myself as a contact.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links