Remotely acess PC (Mac or Windows) from Nexus One?

This is a discussion on Remotely acess PC (Mac or Windows) from Nexus One? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I was wondering if there is an app that I can view what's on my screen on my laptop, and use my laptop, from my ...

Thread: Remotely acess PC (Mac or Windows) from Nexus One?

Question Remotely acess PC (Mac or Windows) from Nexus One?

I was wondering if there is an app that I can view what's on my screen on my laptop, and use my laptop, from my Nexus One.

I saw a post for this somewhere but forget where...searched through 20+ pages on the app section and all I found was Phonemypc and it didn't really explain it.

Any help?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

you will love what this apps can do.

Here is a video. This is vnc viewer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=higdrCdmvR0]YouTube - Full Windows 7 on Android Mobile Phone (Nexus One)[/ame]

Just do a search on the market for "VNC" there is about 6 different apps on the market.

Remote Desktop is the most expensive, but most full featured for this. 20 bucks and needs to be set up through your IP address which is a bit of work.

PhoneMyPc is the second best, where you install a program that runs on the background of your computer, and allows you to sign in/control computer.

there are other VNC apps on the market, but most of them need go through servers then need to be logged into your network.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

There are free versions for both the popular Remote Desktop clients.

The one I am using is Remote RDP...works great and best of all its free. The full version has some extra features that I don't need, but might interest you.

Hi, I just ordered a nexus one today and I wanted to know if someone can tell me how to access my VPS through a Remote Desktop Application.

I use ForexVPS | Forex VPS Hosting for my VPS and I need to find out how to connect to it, I need a Remote Desktop App to do that. They said they don't have their own application so I have to find one. Thats what lead me to this forum except I can't find where to get the Remote Desktop Application yet.

If you know of a good one, please let me know where to get it

One other question, how do you know if its secure or not? I need to be secure as possible.

I did some research and this one seems to be the best?

Xtralogic Remote Desktop Client - Communication & Internet Android Apps

Any comments on this one? is there a better one?

I have a question thats bugging me....

If you connect to a VPS through the Remote Desktop Application, how does this translate into data used (charged) by the service provider (in my case Rogers).

I understand if you use the phones internet browser that you will eat up a lot of data quickly, however if you are just simply connecting to a computer through RDA though the cell phones internet connection, how does this compare?

I will be running a few trading platforms from my VPS and plan to be on their 4-8 hours a day. I will also be running Skype constantly and browsing a little bit. I am trying to get an idea of how much data I should get from Rogers?

Quote Originally Posted by posed View Post
    I have a question thats bugging me....

If you connect to a VPS through the Remote Desktop Application, how does this translate into data used (charged) by the service provider (in my case Rogers).

I understand if you use the phones internet browser that you will eat up a lot of data quickly, however if you are just simply connecting to a computer through RDA though the cell phones internet connection, how does this compare?

I will be running a few trading platforms from my VPS and plan to be on their 4-8 hours a day. I will also be running Skype constantly and browsing a little bit. I am trying to get an idea of how much data I should get from Rogers?
    I'd say unlimited if at all possible.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links