Offline GPS

This is a discussion on Offline GPS within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've also been looking for an offline map application - not to do turn by turn, just to have all street level maps and my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offline GPS

cxm
    I've also been looking for an offline map application - not to do turn by turn, just to have all street level maps and my gps location so I don't get lost when I am spending a few days in singapore. I have just downloaded Maps (-) and tried it. It lets me put the area that I want to cache on screen, select which maps to use (open maps or google - I need google because open maps don't look very up to date), then choose what level to cache at. So far seems to be exactly what I need - but does NOT do turn by turn directions.

No, maverick does not provide navigation, just an offline mapping - I miss this feature also. But you can add waypoint and get simple directions.

Quote Originally Posted by firemax7 View Post
    Hello guys, I got my N1 last week and I'm very happy

I'm looking for an offline gps navigator.. is there something good i can use with nexus1?

Google maps are awesome but you need internet connection (or 3g) and that's expensive (+you may be at a place without coverage)

I need something that can use offline maps, I live in Europe- Greece.

thanks for your suggestions.
    I have tried Sygic, IGO/MotoNav and Copilot on my N1 with Android 2.2. I found IGO/MotoNav is the best offline navigation system so far.

Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzzzz View Post

I read somewhere that you can use North American Maps with this but I can't find any to download

Quote Originally Posted by cybergene View Post

I'm looking for an offline gps navigator.. is there something good i can use with nexus1?

Google maps are awesome but you need internet connection (or 3g) and that's expensive (+you may be at a place without coverage)

I have tried Sygic, IGO/MotoNav and Copilot on my N1 with Android 2.2. I found IGO/MotoNav is the best offline navigation system so far.
    I can't find Motonav or IGO in the market

I just used Google Navigtor to get through paris, i turned on mobile data just so it could get a route and then turned it off seconds later, the amount of data transfered during that maybe 2 seconds was insufficient to register on Netcounter and i then had step by step directions for the next 400K and with gps enabled i had the birds eye navigation covering every junction and turn. All offline
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

I'm really interested and need a offline GPS. I heard about IGO and Sygic, but just can't figure out how to get it. Please enlight me.

Quote Originally Posted by tcobu View Post

I'm really interested and need a offline GPS. I heard about IGO and Sygic, but just can't figure out how to get it. Please enlight me.
    There is no official version of IGo available for N1 yet. MotoNav is a branded version of IGo from Motorola. Somebody has extracted it from Droid and repackaged as an app.

For Sygic, you can get it from here: Sygic Mobile Maps ? Shop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links