Available Memory & SD card

This is a discussion on Available Memory & SD card within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by lwm99 I use Smart Monitor (not a widget), which also displays other information. I like it. Nice and easy to read. No ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Available Memory & SD card

Quote Originally Posted by lwm99 View Post
    I use Smart Monitor (not a widget), which also displays other information.
    I like it. Nice and easy to read. No widget, but a shortcut will do. Thanks for all the replies!

I plugged my nexus to my pc yesterday, It shows alot of my last phone( blackberry pearl ) is using most of my sd card memory card 4.79GB I thought of deleting this file but scared it might contain all my pictures and music. I want to know would it be safe to delete my last phone did all the info move to the nexus, maybe thats why so much GB is being used duplcation is what im thinking???? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbaez53 View Post
    I plugged my nexus to my pc yesterday, It shows alot of my last phone( blackberry pearl ) is using most of my sd card memory card 4.79GB I thought of deleting this file but scared it might contain all my pictures and music. I want to know would it be safe to delete my last phone did all the info move to the nexus, maybe thats why so much GB is being used duplcation is what im thinking???? thanks
    Well if you used that SD card in your BB, then it should have a folder structure on it. The subfolders would be something like Pictures, Marketplace, Documents, etc...

What I did when I switched over was copy all my BB data onto my desktop, pop in the card and format it to just avoid any issues with conflicting data. Then I copied back the music, pictures and documents I wanted on the card.

Is there a folder structure on the SD card? I am not sure what you meant by your last phone is using most of your card.

Thanks for your reply, I had the blackberry pearl as my last phone,When I plugged in my nexus to my pc i saw a bunch of folders but one of them was a blackberry folder I noticed it was using around 4.79 GB, I was wondering if I could just delete that folder??? But then I don't know if my pic/music will still be on my nexus, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbaez53 View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I had the blackberry pearl as my last phone,When I plugged in my nexus to my pc i saw a bunch of folders but one of them was a blackberry folder I noticed it was using around 4.79 GB, I was wondering if I could just delete that folder??? But then I don't know if my pic/music will still be on my nexus, thanks
    Well did you explore the Blackberry folder at all? I am assuming that if it is almost 5GB in size that there is probably something in there. Why don't you just do what I suggested in my early post? Just mount your SD card in your Nexus and copy all the data to your PC. Then just format the card and copy stuff back at your leisure. You can also just copy the Blackberry folder over and then just delete off your SD card. Once on your PC you can pick and choose what you want to keep or not without taking up 5GB on your phone. If there were pictures, documents, music and etc on there it would be in a very specific structure and easy to find.

This post might help out a little...

BlackBerryInsight Howto transfer files to your BlackBerry (Windows)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links