Remote VNC + VPN Connection (anyone tried?)

This is a discussion on Remote VNC + VPN Connection (anyone tried?) within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have the "Remote VNC" app and it works acceptably controlling any computer on my home network that has a VNC server running on it. ...

Thread: Remote VNC + VPN Connection (anyone tried?)

Remote VNC + VPN Connection (anyone tried?)

I have the "Remote VNC" app and it works acceptably controlling any computer on my home network that has a VNC server running on it. The cursor accuracy is pretty bad, but at least I can view it. I could probably work out the inaccuracy and touch accordingly to counteract it, or perhaps make it re-calibrate. But I digress, the app works.

I also have a VPN connection setup that connects just fine.

BUT, when I try and use remote VNC to control a machine on the other side of that VPN connection I just get a timeout. It's as if the remote VNC isn't using the VPN connection at all.

Has anyone successfully done this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Any chance you can skip the VPN and use port forwarding and ddns to connect directly? Is your host computer secure enough to expose to the net?

Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzzzz View Post
    Any chance you can skip the VPN and use port forwarding and ddns to connect directly? Is your host computer secure enough to expose to the net?
    I'd like to be able to do that but it's a computer at work I'm connecting to. I'd get shot by firing squad at dawn if I opened it up.

It's only semi-critical that I connect via VPN because I can leave a computer on at home (which I *can* open up via ddns) and that home computer can be permanently connected via VPN to the target machine. So I'll be VNC'ing a machine that's VNC'ing another machine.

I'd prefer to leave the home machine switched off though and not ddns'ed/open.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links