Thinking of Returning my nexus talk me out of it!!!!!

This is a discussion on Thinking of Returning my nexus talk me out of it!!!!! within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi i am thinking of returning my new nexus, and returning to my small blackberry pearl. I have had this nexus for about five days ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of Returning my nexus talk me out of it!!!!!

Thinking of Returning my nexus talk me out of it!!!!!

Hi i am thinking of returning my new nexus, and returning to my small blackberry pearl. I have had this nexus for about five days and it is a prrety good phone but there are issues that bother me,

1 speakerphone sucks very tinny.
    2 can hardly hear it when it rings
    3 fonts are not changable to bigger sizes like my blackbery
    4 touchscreen hard to type on keep hitting wrong key
    5 hard to locate messages

And some others I can't remember so why sould I keep it???
    my kids say I will get used to it but I was used to my little blackberry
    my kids wanted me to get with the times but I think I was with my other phone. will I get a full refund from google or should I sell it on ebay ??

So any advice appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by mbaez53 View Post
    Hi i am thinking of returning my new nexus, and returning to my small blackberry pearl. I have had this nexus for about five days and it is a prrety good phone but there are issues that bother me,

my kids wanted me to get with the times but I think I was with my other phone. will I get a full refund from google or should I sell it on ebay ??

If those items listed are deal breakers for you, then you should return it.

You are right about the speaker, it's just not good...though the keyboard is improved through calibration, and I don't know what you mean by hard to locate messages. I quite like the notification bar of the N1, though I came from an iPhone, not a Blackberry, so I don't know how things were for you before.

If you are within your return period, you'll get a full refund from google.

Re: Thinking of Returning my nexus talk me out of it!!!!!

when i gor my first iphone i had many of your same complaints. it gets easier and better, especially the hard to type part.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Or you can avoid typing all together and use the voice-to-text feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Letters View Post

You are right about the speaker, it's just not good...though the keyboard is improved through calibration, and I don't know what you mean by hard to locate messages. I quite like the notification bar of the N1, though I came from an iPhone, not a Blackberry, so I don't know how things were for you before.

Calibration?! How do you calibrate it?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Letters View Post

Calibration?! How do you calibrate it?!?!
    I was able to calibrate it after installing the HTC IME keyboard.

Get it here...

[APP MOD] HTC_IME Keyboard (5th April) v20: More swiping and fixes - xda-developers

You'll need Astro File Manager from the market to install it...

Question

Will most of these Issues be fixed with a firmware update, can they do anything about the fonts, speaker loudness just want to make a sound disition I like this phone and would hope they address these problem some of us have. also they should make it a point to address this battery problem stong phone, weak heart lol

I have had my fair share of mobile phones since january alone! Iphone 3g, blackberry bold, nokia n97, nokia n900, and now the nexus. At first I was a little skeptical about the hype but I knew the potential for this phone.

Once I got some of the applications installed that I wanted plus some productivity applications I felt a lot better about it, as in already better than all previous phones that I had, and isn't that the whole reason why we spend so much money on new phones?

Coming from the n900 which had a keyboard was somewhat of at transition, but I installed the HTC keyboard, calibrated it, loved it, then I installed swype and ill never look back!

Then came the mac daddy of it all, I rooted and installed the cyanogen mod, its a new even better phone, so many new features, and the possibilities are endless. Rooting has done for me to my nexus what jailbreaking did for the iphone, even better.

If this is your first touch screen device of this nature,i say hold on to it and get used to it. You'll soon see why its the best phone available.

also they should make it a point to address this battery problem stong phone, weak heart lol
    after rooting and installing setcpu, I can use the phone pretty moderately for about 11 hours, and that will take me down to about 52% battery! If your having battery issues, look around for tips on how to save battery

why u would want to go back to a crappy BB?? i have the 8100 pearl and it sucks!! i cant open the facebook app cos it crash.... same with the msn... and i cant put alot of stuff cos there is no enough memory on the phone and u cant use the SD to put apps...

Blackberry 8100 Pearl sucks!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links