Skype on my TMOBILE N1

This is a discussion on Skype on my TMOBILE N1 within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey all, as of March 28th, Skype has been released for Android but only for Verizon users. Is there any way I can get this ...

Thread: Skype on my TMOBILE N1

Skype on my TMOBILE N1

Hey all, as of March 28th, Skype has been released for Android but only for Verizon users. Is there any way I can get this on my Nexus One? It's not in the Market and I can't find a download link on the net anywhere. I hope there's a way. Luckily, I didn't erase Skype Beta which isn't even available anymore either.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Check this link:
    h..p://android-dls.com/files/upload/com.skype.android.lite.apk

Quote Originally Posted by mishyk View Post
    Check this link:
    h..p://android-dls.com/files/upload/com.skype.android.lite.apk
    Thanks but that's a link to the Skype BETA that I already have. Skype actually released a full version of their app, but only limited it to Verizon users, therefore making it invisible to our Market. What i'm wondering is if there's a way to maybe obtain it perhaps through downloading it through a DROID and then saving it to a computer and then perhaps transferring it that way. Or even better, if there's a link somewhere on the net directly to the apk....

+1. Skype would be awesome.

@okcoolthnx

I got Fring http://www.fring.com/default.php on my phone a couple of days ago. I tested properly with my dad using skype to skype call and it worked well! It has a slight bit of lag but possibly due to 3rd party network addition. Was not a big issue, just seemed like my dad was talking from Oz.

I would like a skype official app but don't think they will do one in the next half year.

I tried Skype on the Verizon Droid this weekend and a friends place. Sound quality was terrible! He said sometimes it works/sometimes it doesn't. I've yet to find one of these VoIP/SIP services that's even 90% reliable.

I've tried Fring, Nimbuzz and Sipdroid/Gizmo. Sipdroid was the best, but still not consistent in voice quality of the calls.

The best I ever used was a few years ago. Truphone on a SIM free Nokia E65. Use to call worldwide for free over wifi and it was crystal clear every time. Then Truphone started charging the big bucks for it's service.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links