google talk notification issue

This is a discussion on google talk notification issue within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; even though i have a sound notification set for google talk, it only seems to work some of the time. i cant figure out the ...

Thread: google talk notification issue

google talk notification issue

even though i have a sound notification set for google talk, it only seems to work some of the time. i cant figure out the algorithm for its process... does anyone know the rules for when and when not the alert will actually sound?

like app. open or idle, or screen lit vs dark... know what i mean?

i have the phone set to link ringer and notification volumes. ringer volume is on high, and google talk has an IM notification set as well as a ringtone set. vibrate is off for google talk notifications.

this is the primary means of my communication with the nexus one and not having the notification work all the time is frustrating.

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've been having the same problem with my calendar since I did a factory reset yesterday. It absolutely refuses to use a ringtone that was working prior to the reset.

I noticed that when I have the gtalk screen open and I get a message, I get a notification up in the bar, but no sound. I know that I have received audible notifications when the phone is just sitting on my desk with the screen off, but it kinda just does it when it wants to.

I too have gone back in and checked my settings. I have had no issues with notifications for my calendar, email or texts though, very strange

yup, simply a gtalk problem

GTalk Notification

I am glad I am not the only one with this issue. I constantly have to tap the home button to clear the screen so I get a notification sound. It is annoying but I am adapting.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links