Auto-reply app for text messages

This is a discussion on Auto-reply app for text messages within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I'm looking for an app that will let me send auto-replies to any unknown numbers that message me. I have tested countless amounts of ...

Thread: Auto-reply app for text messages

Auto-reply app for text messages

Hi,

I'm looking for an app that will let me send auto-replies to any unknown numbers that message me. I have tested countless amounts of these apps (such as Autoresponder, Qwik SMS, Otter, dgAway, and more) but none of them seem to be able to get it right. Otter works, but I can't figure out how to edit my auto-message, so I'm stick with the default ones.

Has anyone found one of these apps that works? Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for an app that will let me send auto-replies to any unknown numbers that message me. I have tested countless amounts of these apps (such as Autoresponder, Qwik SMS, Otter, dgAway, and more) but none of them seem to be able to get it right. Otter works, but I can't figure out how to edit my auto-message, so I'm stick with the default ones.

Has anyone found one of these apps that works? Thanks.
    Are you sure you really want to waste one of your SMS'es for a reply to someone you probably don't know? Is there a risk that by replying, you're risking setting yourself up for more sms spam ? Just like when you reply to an email spam to say "stop spamming me". Rather than help, it makes things worse. They know your email account is active.

Also, is there a risk that you might subscribe to a paid service or SMS to a premium number?

Only thing I'd do in the case of an unsolicited SMS is delete it.

OTTER: a text management app that works!

Please check out OTTER (http://www.OTTERapp.com). This is a text management app for the home, office or on the road. It has unlimited response lists to manage your customizable responses. It has a simple Auto Reply feature with optional timer. We've found that students are scheduling "texting blackout periods" with OTTER so they can focus on studying and business people are improving their meeting productivity by scheduling two hours of text free distractions...

For people who want to self govern their texting & driving temptations, there is a simple GPS Mode that silences incoming text notifications while sending out a single customizable reply. My friend used this the other day when he was driving to the desert. The GPS picked up that he was in a moving vehicle and sent his text reply that said "I am driving to Palm Springs - I'll be in touch around 2pm". For parents of texting teen drivers, OTTER also offers a Parental Control feature that is easy to use and GPS based.

OTTER is one of the only - if not the only app of its kind that is sold for $3.99 with no recurring fees. We also created OTTER-urban for the smart phone user who is not interested in the GPS features and its only $1.99.

Please let us know what you think. We are always looking to improve and your feedback is key. Thanks,

Erik Wood, Owner
    OTTER LLC
    Otter - One Touch Text Response

mah
    ErikW -- "Please let us know what you think. We are always looking to improve and your feedback is key."; the original thread poster gave you feedback about your product. He stated "Otter works, but I can't figure out how to edit my auto-message, so I'm stick with the default ones."

Rather than post an advertisement for your product, you might at least read the request first? Maybe there's an easy way for Otter to solve his problem, but if you won't first read his request, you won't know that he needs help, much less how you can help him... or perhaps even take his problem as a feature to be implemented in a future release.

im useing autoresponder for a week now and it works for me all the time. I really like it.

Oh, so that's why you'd want to auto-respond. Makes sense now
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Reply to Mah & Matchbook (OTTER)

My apologies to both of you. This is my first run on this forum and I did not have the post in front of me as I typed away! Sounds like I wrote alot about unrelated items. I hope this is an actual answer...

Matchbook - my guess is that you have OTTER-lite, the free version - is that correct? If so, then the "tap & hold" that allows you to edit in the full versions will not do anything for you. With OTTER-lite you only have those three choices and they are not editable.

If, however, you have either OTTER (full) or OTTER-Urban then you should be able to edit away and add customized reposes as you choose. There is a screen cast video on our website that shows all the functionality and there is also a You Tube demo video (reluctantly featuring yours truly) that shows OTTER in action. Here is that link: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNJiu3t9Yo8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNJiu3t9Yo8[/ame]

If something is still not working for you, would you mind emailing me at info@OTTERapp.com?

Erik Wood
    OTTER LLC
    Otter - One Touch Text Response

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links