best home launcher?

This is a discussion on best home launcher? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Beer Goggles Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim LauncherPro is alot smoother with the Transitions from screen to screen IMO. Also it as the ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: best home launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    LauncherPro is alot smoother with the Transitions from screen to screen IMO. Also it as the Pinch Zoom on the homescreen to see all your screens at once like on the Desire rom. Does Helix do that?
    I don't know how it could be any smoother than Helix. Helix is fast and smooth.... no hiccups..... can't ask for better.

Double tapping the screen brings up thumbnails of all the home screens. You can jump to one by tapping it.
    A double tap is not pinch zoom. Also its a beta and still faster than helix. Jus wait til its official!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    There is a new one on the market called Launcherpro that is super fast and very smooth.
    Thank you, as always, Mr. Slim,

I now have -

1)Stock = 5 screens
    2)Helix Launcher = 7 screens
    3)Helix Launcher 2 = 7 screens
    4)Zeam = 9 Screens
    5) Launcher Pro = 7 screens

I use them simultaneously (as i do not check the "set as default" option)

But the problem is we have just 512MB of space...

so i was informed by my phone to uninstall some applications to free up memory????

Will FroYo allow us to install apps on SD?

Here's praying ...

No problem happy to help.

Why not just pick one launcher and drop the rest? It will free up more memory. Or just wait for froyo...word is apps2sd could be hiding in there!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

cxm
    there is also a rumour that froyo has changed the stock launcher (I seem to remember from the flash demo). Just wish they'd release the bloody thing already

Quote Originally Posted by cxm View Post
    there is also a rumour that froyo has changed the stock launcher (I seem to remember from the flash demo). Just wish they'd release the bloody thing already
    Yea I saw that too! Man it feels like christmas morning waiting for this!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    LauncherPro is alot smoother with the Transitions from screen to screen IMO. Also it as the Pinch Zoom on the homescreen to see all your screens at once like on the Desire rom. Does Helix do that?
    I don't know how it could be any smoother than Helix. Helix is fast and smooth.... no hiccups..... can't ask for better.

Double tapping the screen brings up thumbnails of all the home screens. You can jump to one by tapping it.
    A double tap is not pinch zoom. Also its a beta and still faster than helix. Jus wait til its official!
    Does it really make big difference? Either way you can quickly get to all of your home screens.

I'd like some empirical evidence of this great speed difference. How can you measure this?

I'm sure they are both just wonderful.....

So let me get this straight...you have not even tested launcherpro and yet you say helix is faster? Slightly trollish if you ask me.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

So let me get this straight...you have not even tested launcherpro and yet you say helix is faster? Slightly trollish if you ask me.
    Dude, you're putting words in my mouth. Go back over all my posts. Not once did I say that.

My point is that there is likely no difference in the "speed" of these two applications. Helix pans between home screens completely smoothly. So does launcherpro. It's not like these things are doing anything fancy compared to each other where these even could be a place to optimize for speed.

You do realize that most of what both do is call Android API's, right? The same API's.

Everyone ive talked to agrees that its faster.... I guess we are all jus trippin aye? The transitions between screens is soo smooth and it has a lil bounce to it when swyping thru them that I did not notice on helix.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Re: best home launcher?

Maybe just a coincidence but I seem to connect to net faster with launcher pro

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    my other phone's a nexus too

LauncherPro Beta is amazing. I found it yesterday and it seems to have made my whole phone faster, snappier and more responsive. Now I don't know it is actually true, but apps launch quicker, browsing apps is a lot faster and even when I hang up from a phone call it closes the phone app faster.

I absolutely love it compared to Helix and all the others. It is so simple and quick. The double tap home icon is pretty sweet too. If you could just customize the dock with whatever I would be in heaven.

I was a little hesitant a first because it seems like all the other home replacement apps just slowed down my phone, but I am very glad I gave this one a chance. Almost exactly what I have been looking for.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links