Anyone using Sipdroid or SipAgent?

This is a discussion on Anyone using Sipdroid or SipAgent? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've tried both. For some reason Sipdroid can't hold a connection to my Gizmo5 account; however, SipAgent can. SipAgent is pretty clear with a goof ...

Thread: Anyone using Sipdroid or SipAgent?

Anyone using Sipdroid or SipAgent?

I've tried both. For some reason Sipdroid can't hold a connection to my Gizmo5 account; however, SipAgent can.

SipAgent is pretty clear with a goof wifi signal but there is some latency in the voice transmission. Anyone else try these?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have tried both of them, currently use Sipdroid, they both seem to have quite a bit of latency.

Quote Originally Posted by peejayw View Post
    I have tried both of them, currently use Sipdroid, they both seem to have quite a bit of latency.
    Are you using Sipdroid with Gizmo, or something else, like pbxes with another SIP provider? I'm looking to try and reduce the latency somewhat. Maybe need to experiment with different services.

Other than that I'm happy. I was getting sick of being tied down to my kitchen table with Skype on my Mac.

Both SipAgent and SipDroid are good SIP clients on the N1. I have good experiences with both of them. I lean more towards SipAgent though. The latest update (0.8.9) helps N1 latency so give it a try if you don't already have it.

Like rioja hinted at, the services used in your configuration can introduce more latency.
    For example, when using SipAgent combined with Google Voice I've been getting a 2sec max latency, but when someone calls directly to my SIP provider phone number there is practically no latency.

I've been attempting to document my findings of different VoIP configurations on my n1 at my blog: Home - Loganss' Nexus One blog

Quote Originally Posted by loganss View Post
    I've been attempting to document my findings of different VoIP configurations on my n1 at my blog: Home - Loganss' Nexus One blog
    There's a lot of useful info/links on your blog. Thanks!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links