Viewing normal versions of mobile websites

This is a discussion on Viewing normal versions of mobile websites within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Is there a way I can force either the stock browser or XScope to show me the normal (PC) version of a website instead of ...

Thread: Viewing normal versions of mobile websites

Viewing normal versions of mobile websites

Is there a way I can force either the stock browser or XScope to show me the normal (PC) version of a website instead of the mobile version?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by ra990 View Post
    Is there a way I can force either the stock browser or XScope to show me the normal (PC) version of a website instead of the mobile version?
    Which version you get is controlled by the website itself. They look at your browser's user agent string which identifies the OS / Browser and versions. If you can get control of it, then you can pretend that it's the full-size version. On a PC I could tell you how to do that on most of the major browsers. On a phone, I'm guessing you'd probably need to be rooted or try a different browser.

Perhaps you can get your hands on the Firefox beta, go into about:config and filter for useragent.

Most websites have a choice of which version of the page you can view, usually at the bottom of the webpage you'll find the option to view "mobile version or desktop version" however some sites will only display the mobile version of the webpage. Depends on which website you visit.

AFAIK, in xScope you can go to settings and then choose User agent and change it to "Computer".

I have the same settings in the default browser too, but I'm not sure if that's stock or Cyanogen. Just have a look and see

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    AFAIK, in xScope you can go to settings and then choose User agent and change it to "Computer".

I have the same settings in the default browser too, but I'm not sure if that's stock or Cyanogen. Just have a look and see

Yep that's what i was looking for, thanks!

Thanks for the tip - setting the UAString in xScope actually worked.

Previously I had used about:debug to change the UAString in the default web browser to "pc", but it would still relentlessly load the mobile version of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by flynx View Post

Thanks for the tip - setting the UAString in xScope actually worked.

Previously I had used about:debug to change the UAString in the default web browser to "pc", but it would still relentlessly load the mobile version of everything.
    You can change it in the default browser as well but it reverts back to mobile after each relaunch of the browser.

Never tried Xscope but DolphinHD allows you to change it and it sticks after relaunch so it stays in desktop mode.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links