Sirius XM App coming to Nexus One

This is a discussion on Sirius XM App coming to Nexus One within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Expect to see an app for streaming Sirius XM on your Nexus and Droid in May! Frankly I'm surprised sat radio has not taken it's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Sirius XM App coming to Nexus One

  1. #1
    Member woode29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    73

    Sirius XM App coming to Nexus One

    Expect to see an app for streaming Sirius XM on your Nexus and Droid in May!
    Frankly I'm surprised sat radio has not taken it's last breath before slipping into the abbyss. But I may give it a spin if they're offering a trial subscription. I was an XM sub for a year or two, long before the merge, may be interesting too see how sat radio has evolved since I left.


    Sirius XM app for Android 'coming soon' -- Engadget

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Android Jr Member Backnblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanked
    4 times

    Re: Sirius XM App coming to Nexus One

    Coming to Android would be a more accurate title; )

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Administrator WERA689's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Metro Atlanta
    Posts
    2,418
    Thanked
    55 times
    My experience is that XM/Sirius died with the merger. XM's programming and channel selection became so watered down, that it's now just short of as bad as terrestrial radio. DJ chatter, loss of focus, the outright destruction of the Comedy Channel...all contributed to my switch to Slacker Radio--already available on Android.

    Check it out. Best music service out there now. IMHO.

  5. #4
    Android Addict alphawave7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    609
    Thanked
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    My experience is that XM/Sirius died with the merger. XM's programming and channel selection became so watered down, that it's now just short of as bad as terrestrial radio. DJ chatter, loss of focus, the outright destruction of the Comedy Channel...all contributed to my switch to Slacker Radio--already available on Android.

    Check it out. Best music service out there now. IMHO.
    Agreed! Was a multi-radio sub of BOTH XM and Sirius years before the merger...post-merge, I threw in the towel on satrad, went Slacker/Pandora and other online radio (RadioParadise/SOMAFM) and get far more variety and artist introductions than I could ever have gotten on satrad. Satrad is like doing all your grocery shopping at 7-11.

  6. #5
    Member bozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Coming to Android would be a more accurate title; )
    Sirius XM says it will only work on the Droid and Nexus One. I assume they really mean it only works on 2.1.

  7. #6
    Member woode29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    73
    BackNblack, wow you actually removed my reply to YOUR snide remark about whether or not my title was appropiate! Get a life.

  8. #7
    Member woode29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    My experience is that XM/Sirius died with the merger. XM's programming and channel selection became so watered down, that it's now just short of as bad as terrestrial radio. DJ chatter, loss of focus, the outright destruction of the Comedy Channel...all contributed to my switch to Slacker Radio--already available on Android.

    Check it out. Best music service out there now. IMHO.
    Agreed! Was a multi-radio sub of BOTH XM and Sirius years before the merger...post-merge, I threw in the towel on satrad, went Slacker/Pandora and other online radio (RadioParadise/SOMAFM) and get far more variety and artist introductions than I could ever have gotten on satrad. Satrad is like doing all your grocery shopping at 7-11.
    Im rethinking my position on signing up for this, apparently pre-merge was the creme of the crop for sat radio. I still have the Mytao and all the little accessories, oh well I guess it's wait and see.

  9. #8
    Android Jr Member Backnblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by woode29 View Post
    BackNblack, wow you actually removed my reply to YOUR snide remark about whether or not my title was appropiate! Get a life.
    I removed an un-needed smart ass comment.

  10. #9
    Member pwoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    65
    I have XM in my car, but how do I get to stream it via internet or (hopefully) my N1?

  11. #10
    Administrator WERA689's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Metro Atlanta
    Posts
    2,418
    Thanked
    55 times
    It will probably require that you get an "on-line" subscription, at extra cost! This was one of the developments that cost them my loyalty, as on-line is no longer included with your regular subscription.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum