Sirius XM App coming to Nexus One

This is a discussion on Sirius XM App coming to Nexus One within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Expect to see an app for streaming Sirius XM on your Nexus and Droid in May! Frankly I'm surprised sat radio has not taken it's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sirius XM App coming to Nexus One

Sirius XM App coming to Nexus One

Expect to see an app for streaming Sirius XM on your Nexus and Droid in May!
    Frankly I'm surprised sat radio has not taken it's last breath before slipping into the abbyss. But I may give it a spin if they're offering a trial subscription. I was an XM sub for a year or two, long before the merge, may be interesting too see how sat radio has evolved since I left.

Sirius XM app for Android 'coming soon' -- Engadget

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Re: Sirius XM App coming to Nexus One

Coming to Android would be a more accurate title; )

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

My experience is that XM/Sirius died with the merger. XM's programming and channel selection became so watered down, that it's now just short of as bad as terrestrial radio. DJ chatter, loss of focus, the outright destruction of the Comedy Channel...all contributed to my switch to Slacker Radio--already available on Android.

Check it out. Best music service out there now. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    My experience is that XM/Sirius died with the merger. XM's programming and channel selection became so watered down, that it's now just short of as bad as terrestrial radio. DJ chatter, loss of focus, the outright destruction of the Comedy Channel...all contributed to my switch to Slacker Radio--already available on Android.

Agreed! Was a multi-radio sub of BOTH XM and Sirius years before the merger...post-merge, I threw in the towel on satrad, went Slacker/Pandora and other online radio (RadioParadise/SOMAFM) and get far more variety and artist introductions than I could ever have gotten on satrad. Satrad is like doing all your grocery shopping at 7-11.

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Coming to Android would be a more accurate title; )
    Sirius XM says it will only work on the Droid and Nexus One. I assume they really mean it only works on 2.1.

BackNblack, wow you actually removed my reply to YOUR snide remark about whether or not my title was appropiate! Get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post

Agreed! Was a multi-radio sub of BOTH XM and Sirius years before the merger...post-merge, I threw in the towel on satrad, went Slacker/Pandora and other online radio (RadioParadise/SOMAFM) and get far more variety and artist introductions than I could ever have gotten on satrad. Satrad is like doing all your grocery shopping at 7-11.
    Im rethinking my position on signing up for this, apparently pre-merge was the creme of the crop for sat radio. I still have the Mytao and all the little accessories, oh well I guess it's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by woode29 View Post
    BackNblack, wow you actually removed my reply to YOUR snide remark about whether or not my title was appropiate! Get a life.
    I removed an un-needed smart ass comment.

I have XM in my car, but how do I get to stream it via internet or (hopefully) my N1?

It will probably require that you get an "on-line" subscription, at extra cost! This was one of the developments that cost them my loyalty, as on-line is no longer included with your regular subscription.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links