Google Voice

This is a discussion on Google Voice within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by lrsone Originally Posted by bozzy Originally Posted by lrsone I did it on my pc browser. What I did was sign in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google Voice

Quote Originally Posted by lrsone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post

I did it on my pc browser. What I did was sign in and go to settings on the top right corner of the page, and it gave me the option of picking a number by typing in my zip code. After I chose a number from a short list, they should provide you a number code to dial on your phone. Enter that number hit the Call/Send on your dial pad and let Google work its magic. A message should pop up saying call forwarding enabled. And boom your all done.
    The Google Voice app for Android sets up forwarding automatically.
    I thought it had did it for me, but obviously it didn't as I couldn't SMS or call from Voice. Just receive Voicemail.
    Sending a SMS from the app has nothing to do with setting up forwarding on your phone. You don't even need forwarding setup to send a SMS from the app. Neither does calling. Forwarding is only needed for sending callers who call to your N1 directly to Google's voicemail.

The Google Voice app for Android sets up forwarding automatically.
    I thought it had did it for me, but obviously it didn't as I couldn't SMS or call from Voice. Just receive Voicemail.
    Sending a SMS from the app has nothing to do with setting up forwarding on your phone. You don't even need forwarding setup to send a SMS from the app. Neither does calling. Forwarding is only needed for sending callers who call to your N1 directly to Google's voicemail.
    Well that's how I solved my problem. And I posted it here so people can try it out if they have the same problem I had.

lrsone, thank you so much for posting how to set this up. I had google voice transcription out of the gate but never saw how to add a full, legitimate google voice primary number. Thanks so much for posting this!

Also, thanks to FlyingsCool for prompting
    lrsone to post it.

Just started using google voice for my answering service. Use to use T-Mobile visual. My question is why does it take the voice mail transcriptions sometimes 20 minutes to get to my voice mail? Te first test message I sent, transcription went fast, 2nd one took 20 minutes. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Vinny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links