Google Voice

This is a discussion on Google Voice within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Can't send SMS over Google Voice, anybody know why is this?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Voice

Google Voice

Can't send SMS over Google Voice, anybody know why is this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You have to send the sms through the google voice app and can't use handcent or the messaging app or else that'll use your normal number. Not completely sure what problem you're exactly having but I know google voice sends texts through data so make sure you have some sort of connection for that to work.

I do have connection, I even tried through my PC web browser. But it didn't give me the option to.

Have you made your own google number yet? I remember when I first signed up for google voice I was only given the voicemail service part then had to get into my account page and set up a number to make calls/send texts

Quote Originally Posted by ZaKoNe View Post
    Have you made your own google number yet? I remember when I first signed up for google voice I was only given the voicemail service part then had to get into my account page and set up a number to make calls/send texts
    Edit: I figured it out.

Any chance you can let us in on the answer? Chances are, if you had a problem, somebody else is, too.

You can't know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Any chance you can let us in on the answer? Chances are, if you had a problem, somebody else is, too.

I did it on my pc browser. What I did was sign in and go to settings on the top right corner of the page, and it gave me the option of picking a number by typing in my zip code. After I chose a number from a short list, they should provide you a number code to dial on your phone. Enter that number hit the Call/Send on your dial pad and let Google work its magic. A message should pop up saying call forwarding enabled. And boom your all done.

Quote Originally Posted by lrsone View Post

I did it on my pc browser. What I did was sign in and go to settings on the top right corner of the page, and it gave me the option of picking a number by typing in my zip code. After I chose a number from a short list, they should provide you a number code to dial on your phone. Enter that number hit the Call/Send on your dial pad and let Google work its magic. A message should pop up saying call forwarding enabled. And boom your all done.
    The Google Voice app for Android sets up forwarding automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lrsone View Post

The Google Voice app for Android sets up forwarding automatically.
    I thought it had did it for me, but obviously it didn't as I couldn't SMS or call from Voice. Just receive Voicemail.

JG7
    Can anyone spare a Google voice invite?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links