Camera apps

This is a discussion on Camera apps within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I really like the options (lighting etc) that come with the standard camera, but the placement of the shutter button right next to the 'back' ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camera apps

Camera apps

I really like the options (lighting etc) that come with the standard camera, but the placement of the shutter button right next to the 'back' button is really stupid. im constantly pressing back accidentally when trying to take a pic.

The camera prog is also a little laggy for my liking.

Are there any other camera apps?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I used CameraZOOM until I rooted. I'm now using the Desire Camera and it's a huge improvement, giving many more options.
    Rooted Nexus One

Note that the camera can be triggered by the trackball.

I recommend getting FXcamera and vignette (paid). They take beautiful pictures in my experience and really unlock the potential of the N1's camera.

Is there a camera app that notes the Pitch/Tilt in the EXIF that someone knows of?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by netninja View Post
    I recommend getting FXcamera and vignette (paid). They take beautiful pictures in my experience and really unlock the potential of the N1's camera.
    x2 for vignette...awesome app!
    Radio: 20100203_2 (EPE54B)
    Recovery: RA-nexus-v1.7.0 CM Version
    Rom: CyanogenMod v5.0.6
    Kernel: Pershoot's 2.6.33.3 OC/UV/BTN
    /AUD/RAM/VFPv3 (042610)
    OC mgmt: SetCPU 1.51a
    Theme: none right now...

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Note that the camera can be triggered by the trackball.
    i didnt know that, makes things easier. still ill give those camera apps a go since they sound cool

I second the Desire camera. While you do need to be rooted, the Desire cam is AMAZING. It has face tracking, auto focus, tap focus, multiple dials for saturation, contrast. It also has widescreen pictures, and some extra filters.... I love it much more than the stock camera!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Hey Neon how do you go about getting the Desire camera onto the nexus one ? could you give me some tips as i am away from a computer for a while so cant really dig that deep but would love to have the new cam on the nexus
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    Hey Neon how do you go about getting the Desire camera onto the nexus one ? could you give me some tips as i am away from a computer for a while so cant really dig that deep but would love to have the new cam on the nexus
    First step is to be rooted.

Second step, visit here: 27/Apr r2 - Desire Camera application on Nexus One (MCR/CM/Enomther) - Android @ MoDaCo

Third step: backup!

Fourth step: Once downloaded, update from zip in Recovery.

Fifth step: Reflash kernel update. This is because the Desire Camera makes wifi not work - there is a kernel update somewhere with this camer in it, but I can't find it right now. You can get the OC1113/UV kernel flash from http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/

EDIT:
    I found the thread with the kernel and the Desire rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=668265
    I have not used these particular files, as I've manually done the kernel update, I can say that Pershoot's OC/UV is stable. If you are one to update your kernel often, I'd suggest doing it separatley.
    Here is the thread with the camera apk and wifi fix for popular kernels: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=668265
    Rooted Nexus One

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links