Hmmm..Rhapsody's App sounds livelier than Slacker...

This is a discussion on Hmmm..Rhapsody's App sounds livelier than Slacker... within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Don't know what codec Rhapsody is using to stream their content through their new app, but I notice the sound quality is improved substantially from ...

Thread: Hmmm..Rhapsody's App sounds livelier than Slacker...

Hmmm..Rhapsody's App sounds livelier than Slacker...

Don't know what codec Rhapsody is using to stream their content through their new app, but I notice the sound quality is improved substantially from the AAC+ V2 being used by Slacker. The soundfield seems more forward, more detailed, with definite cymbal crashes and bass/kick drums yielding solid, expansive resonance. I'm impressed!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Don't know what codec Rhapsody is using to stream their content through their new app, but I notice the sound quality is improved substantially from the AAC+ V2 being used by Slacker. The soundfield seems more forward, more detailed, with definite cymbal crashes and bass/kick drums yielding solid, expansive resonance. I'm impressed!

The sound has greatly improved just in the few weeks the app has been available. Initially I found the sound quality flat and lifeless, sounds near cd quality over wifi. But im not ready to pay for it yet, no bluetooth headset controls is a BIG drawback for me. So I just keep creating endless yahoo email accounts to have access.:rofl3:

I gave Slacker a spin based on a co-workers recommendation, don't know what all the hype is about Slacker, but I found it to be pretty wretched.
    Look ma! I'm a super moderator, my life has purpose now. :butt1:

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links