State Farm Insurance - State Farm Pocket Agent

From: Like a Good Android, State Farm is There | Android Phone Fans
It sure is good to see some of these bigger companies starting to port their apps over from the iPhone and share some love with Android, and now State Farm wants to be a good neighbor too with the release of Pocket Agent for Android. The app makes it easy to report an accident and file an insurance claim right from the scene.

Some of what you can expect:
Submit a Claim – fill out a claims checklist with the push of a button.
Take and submit pictures using your camera and record accident details and vehicle damage.
My Insurance Card – Can’t find your insurance card? Now your policy information is at your fingertips!
My Agent – Contact your State Farm agent or find one close-by.
On The Road – Search for hotels, gas stations, tow trucks, taxis, locksmiths, and rental cars by current location or zip code
Locate a State FarmŽ Select ServiceŽ Repair Facility
Search for State Farm agents by current location or zip code
Other claimants and other vehicles – This feature adds sections on the claim form for the other parties involved in the accident, including name, insurance information and vehicle information.

We can only hope that this is the sort of app you wouldn’t have to use very often (for reporting an accident, anyway), but it sure makes it a heck of a lot easier if you have to. Being linked in to local State Farm agents and helpful area services doesn’t hurt either.
If you are a State Farm insurance holder and want to check out the app, you can head over to the State Farm website or snap the QR code below:

This is a must if you are a current SF policy holder. It gives you the ability to document and file claims on site with pictures, keep insurance information (still retain your paper copy, most-maybe all-state laws require a paper copy). You can also access your State Farm Banking and Mutual Fund accounts.

Even if you do not have a policy it’s worth at least checking out as we’ve included some useful items such as finding the nearest Hotels, Gas Stations, Tow Trucks, Taxis, Locksmiths, or Rental companies nearby. There is also the ability to find an agent or repair station near you.

Admittedly, I am a bit bias. I work for SF, and while I do not directly work on this app (yet), I work with and know the people who do. We've had a great response from our iPhone Pocket Agent and have been very aware of the need for one on Android. I’ve been waiting for this and today it’s finally out. I obviously can not speak about updates as I am not on N1F in any official capacity for the company, but I can say there are already updates in the pipe that will make this even more useful. Android users will not be ignored.

I’m interested what opinions you guys have – official inquiries should obviously go through the contact options (facebook and twitter included) on the website or through the app itself.