WaveSecure - OH NO! Locked Phone

This is a discussion on WaveSecure - OH NO! Locked Phone within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by cheewee Originally Posted by sammoszeto Cheewee, Here is the problem i wasn't register with you at all when i install the app ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: WaveSecure - OH NO! Locked Phone

  1. #21
    Junior Member sammoszeto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sammoszeto View Post
    Cheewee,

    Here is the problem i wasn't register with you at all when i install the app it just did it without asking me to register so it won't send it to my email address and my buddy phone is on a international code so it takes 3 days before i get my code by then it's too late because your code is only valid for 1 hrs.

    please reply to my email
    Hi sammoszeto,
    When you install the application on your phone and go through the activation process, your WaveSecure account is automatically created. You can log in using your mobile number and 6-digit PIN.

    Support is handled by another team. If you need me to help follow up on your case, please send me a private message.

    Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com
    Hi cheewee,

    thanks for the quick reply.

    I actually forgot my 6 pin digit that's why i needed a new pin to send to my friends phone but it took some 3 days before it arrives which was pretty shocking.....

    by the way do you need my ticket ID to find out cos i've sent you guys the situation via email.

    thanks

    sam

  2. #22
    Junior Member JustLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19
    Sammoszeto, did you get your problem resolved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammoszeto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sammoszeto View Post
    Cheewee,

    Here is the problem i wasn't register with you at all when i install the app it just did it without asking me to register so it won't send it to my email address and my buddy phone is on a international code so it takes 3 days before i get my code by then it's too late because your code is only valid for 1 hrs.

    please reply to my email
    Hi sammoszeto,
    When you install the application on your phone and go through the activation process, your WaveSecure account is automatically created. You can log in using your mobile number and 6-digit PIN.

    Support is handled by another team. If you need me to help follow up on your case, please send me a private message.

    Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com
    Hi cheewee,

    thanks for the quick reply.

    I actually forgot my 6 pin digit that's why i needed a new pin to send to my friends phone but it took some 3 days before it arrives which was pretty shocking.....

    by the way do you need my ticket ID to find out cos i've sent you guys the situation via email.

    thanks

    sam

  3. #23
    Junior Member sammoszeto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLeft View Post
    Sammoszeto, did you get your problem resolved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammoszeto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewee View Post

    Hi sammoszeto,
    When you install the application on your phone and go through the activation process, your WaveSecure account is automatically created. You can log in using your mobile number and 6-digit PIN.

    Support is handled by another team. If you need me to help follow up on your case, please send me a private message.

    Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com
    Hi cheewee,

    thanks for the quick reply.

    I actually forgot my 6 pin digit that's why i needed a new pin to send to my friends phone but it took some 3 days before it arrives which was pretty shocking.....

    by the way do you need my ticket ID to find out cos i've sent you guys the situation via email.

    thanks

    sam


    NOPE!!!! Cheewee was sort of looking into it but no help just yet... been without the phone since last Friday!!!

  4. #24
    Junior Member JustLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19
    Support does not seem to be their strength. Hope you get it resolved. Having a phone that is a brick is no fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by sammoszeto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLeft View Post
    Sammoszeto, did you get your problem resolved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammoszeto View Post

    Hi cheewee,

    thanks for the quick reply.

    I actually forgot my 6 pin digit that's why i needed a new pin to send to my friends phone but it took some 3 days before it arrives which was pretty shocking.....

    by the way do you need my ticket ID to find out cos i've sent you guys the situation via email.

    thanks

    sam


    NOPE!!!! Cheewee was sort of looking into it but no help just yet... been without the phone since last Friday!!!

  5. #25
    Junior Member sammoszeto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17
    i can sort of see that... i've had 2 people who were trying to help and then left without helping.... no matter how good the product is or are with out CS it's utter rubbish!!!

  6. #26
    Junior Member oldschool_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7
    I couldn't just sit here and listen to this crap... My response:

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLeft View Post
    Just wanted to post this as a warning to others that use this software. I had downloaded the trial with the uninstall protection program on March 31st. I used the software through the trial period. When the trial expired, I did not purchase the license. That is when things got interesting.

    I have been swapping the SIM care between my Nexus One and an iPhone 3G. At work I decided to swap the SIM into the N1. When I turned on the phone, the shrieking female voice blasted from my phone and echoed through the office. Not the thing that you want to hear in an office environment. WaveSecure had somehow decided to 'LOCK' my phone. How can this be? I am in an expired trial mode, locking the phone isn't possible. I had to pull the battery from the phone to stop the screaming. In the meantime coworkers were streaming to my office to see what was going on.

    I logged into the WaveSecure web site to see if I could unlock the phone from the web. There was no option to unlock as I didn't have a license. So the phone sat in my briefcase for the rest of the day with the battery pulled from it.

    I was able to get the phone unlocked once I got home, but it was a pain.

    Couple thoughts from this experience:
    1. Wavesecure took my phone out of commission. I never initiated a lock on my phone. Fortunately I had another phone. If I hadn't I would have been screwed.
    2. They have a phone number but I got their voicemail and their voicemail box was full so it was not possible to leave a message.
    3. Their web site says to expect a 2 day turnaround for issues - unacceptable in circumstances like this.

    I have read testaments to their software. My experience is the opposite. I have since uninstalled their software from my N1. Anyone else hit this issue?
    This is EXACTLY what the software is intended to do. I purchased this app today from seeing your review, thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLeft View Post
    Here is where we part company. I have swapped the sim in and out of the phone with WaveSecure no less that 5 times. Same SIM. The SIM is also registered on their web site. Also, the phone was powered off between the time I pulled the SIM and then replaced it back in the N1. So how would that even be a SIM change?

    Further, I didn't receive the "Press menu to enter your PIN and unlock the phone" message. I got a lock screen that said the owner of the phone would be contacting me. This was accompanied by the shrieking woman's voice which could only be stopped by pulling the battery. So give me a little credit here. Don't assume I am stupid and I will return the favor. Further, I know my pin.

    When I got the phone home I put the SIM in again, and kept pressing the menu button. It took at least 60 seconds for the unlock window to appear. I got the phone unlocked at that point.

    To conclude, having the phone start immediately shrieking without an option to enter an unlock key is crazy. I can't use a program like this in my office.

    That is how this is WaveSecure's fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by logger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLeft View Post
    Wavesecure took my phone out of commission.
    Yes that is what is is designed to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLeft View Post
    I never initiated a lock on my phone.
    Yes you did. You changed the SIM which initiated the Lock event. This is a key feature of the program.

    If you checked the settings area of Wavesecure you would have seen the very first option in the list says:
    Auto Lock - Auto locks the phone on sim chage [x]
    Simply unchecking this box would have prevented your phone from locking.

    When wavesecure locks my phone it just says "Press menu to enter your PIN and unlock the phone". Seems to me you forgot your PIN as well?

    How is all this Wavesecures fault?
    Your in a panic in your office, hoping that your coworkers are not going to laugh at you, and you forget to put your pin in before frantically taking the battery out. It got everyones attention, which is great, if you were a thief it would have worked the way it is intended. You said it perfectly yourself, it didn't have an option for an unlock key visible, yep your right, its under the menu button! Quit panicking, you should always test software before you use it, get familiar with it, understand it.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLeft View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I feel though that you are missing the point and do not have a grasp of the full issue. So here are some questions:

    1. If I pull a SIM card out of my phone, leave the power off, then put it back in, do you consider that a SIM card change?

    2. If a single SIM is registered with an account and that SIM is the only SIM ever used in the phone, is that a SIM card change?

    3. Is there a bug in your system where an expired trial can falsely indicate a SIM card change?

    Numbers 1 & 2 are true for me. Number 3 is what I suspect is the problem.

    While I appreciate your response on this board, you have not taken me up on the offer to provide you further information to make sure you have identified this issue and resolve it correctly. I have assisted a number of other developers in testing/debugging their applications. You are the first developer I have run into that hasn't asked for further information. This is very disappointing. You seem like a nice person, but you show no interest or curiousity in my particular circumstances with your software.

    You seem to dump this into 'a lack of knowledge' on my part. Your assumption is sadly mistaken. I want nothing from your company, other than to help other people avoid the same situation. Having my phone lock up for minutes while it is shrieking loudly is a big issue in an office environment. Don't you get that? The unlock screen doesn't appear for some time. So having to wait for a couple minutes til I can unlock the phone is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

    Your offer of a free 3 month subscription to your product, while a nice gesture, will be respectfully declined. I was hoping for an offer to work with me to get the details of the issue to aid in your problem resolution. Alas, that has not happened. Ironically, I was about to purchase your software license for a year, when these issues started. I am putting the purchase on hold til I am convinced on two things - that you understand the problem and that you have fixed it. Neither is the situation at the moment.

    To those who have WaveSecure on the device and the trial has expired - REMOVE IT from your device. The server is detecting SIM changes in error.



    Quote Originally Posted by cheewee View Post
    Hi JustLeft,
    Thank you for bringing this up for discussion.
    ...

    As you have discovered, with the PIN at hand, WaveSecure can be unlocked easily by accessing the unlock function by pressing on Menu. It took longer for the screen to appear probably because of the cold boot. Usually, the phone takes a longer time before it can respond.

    Additionally, the "Enable Alarm" on SIM change is off by default. If you enabled this option, we understand the alarm that went off can be annoying. However, this feature is meant to warn thieves.

    To answer your question, many people encountered problems with WaveSecure due to their lack of knowledge of how it works. For example, some people unknowingly turn on "Airplane Lock" and "Enable Alarm" but forgot about it. Then they got a shock when WaveSecure locks. To them, it appeared that WaveSecure locked for no reason. This is not the case. There also numerous support requests from people who don't remember their PIN or said they never set one up.

    For a complex offering like WaveSecure, we understand we can do more to make it easier for people to protect their phones. We will continue to improve till all users get a positive experience.

    Hope that explanation helps.

    Thank you,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com
    He didn't ask you for more information because he knows just like the rest of us that it was user error, and ID 10 T error, an error between the user and the phone.... The software works perfectly, what questions could he have asked?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLeft View Post
    As I have said, the screaming sound that the phone makes is not something you want to hear in your office. I could not get it to stop and I could not unlock the phone (I had the code) while in the office. Part of the issue is that the screaming went on for minutes with no response from the menu key on the phone. For some reason the software was delaying the phone boot up by minutes.

    So I pulled the battery on the phone and waited til I got home. (Of course I had no phone while the battery was pulled.) Then I put the battery back in the phone and the screaming started again. Eventually the menu button responded (3 + minutes of screaming) and I was able to enter the unlock code. At that point I immediately removed Wavesecure, then rebooted the phone, no issues from that point on.

    Quote Originally Posted by sammoszeto View Post
    so how did you get ride of it??

    You went from 60 seconds to 3+ minutes.... how can we trust anything you say from here on out, you don't have any concept of time, when the "shreaking" is going on you panic and don't have a concept of time or what to do. In reality I'd be willing to bet that it was more like 10 seconds of alarm going off...

    The product is awesome, your just not skilled enough or intelligent enough to use it. Lrn2phn man

  7. #27
    Junior Member JustLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19
    I am glad it is working out for you. I know how to operate and unlock the software. That was the first thing I tried when I installed the trial. Its amazing that you could deduce exactly what I did while in my office. If you took the time to read the response from Wavesecure you would realize they admitted they had an issue. Their server sent a lock code to my phone when it wasn't lost, reported stolen, etc... All this after my trial had expired.

    Not sure who appointed you the all knowing and defender of Wavesecure, but the only crap I see is in your response. Why not take time to read the entire thread before you go off?

    Let me summarize this for you once more. Their software locked my phone and started screaming. My trial had EXPIRED. Their servers had an issue that sent the alert in ERROR. It screamed for a few minutes, all the while I tried to unlock the phone with the code, it wouldn't respond. I pulled the battery because the shrieking of the phone was totally unacceptable in my office environment (not sure where you work - maybe it's no big deal). Once home I was able to let it yell long enough to finally enter the lock code.

    Your logic defies common sense. If you installed a burglar alarm in your house that went off for no reason, with no intrusion in your house, you would consider it perfect. After all burglar alarms are supposed to go off - you just ignore the fact that they aren't supposed to go off for NO REASON.

    One last thing - why would I care if you purchased the software? If you think this thread helps sell Wavesecure, why not suggest they post a link on their site to this thread? Maybe they can get a lot more orders. It worked in your case, right? Why not include it in their testimonials?





    [QUOTE=oldschool;57072]I couldn't just sit here and listen to this crap... My response:

    This is EXACTLY what the software is intended to do. I purchased this app today from seeing your review, thank you!

  8. #28
    Junior Member oldschool_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLeft View Post
    I am glad it is working out for you. I know how to operate and unlock the software. That was the first thing I tried when I installed the trial. Its amazing that you could deduce exactly what I did while in my office. If you took the time to read the response from Wavesecure you would realize they admitted they had an issue. Their server sent a lock code to my phone when it wasn't lost, reported stolen, etc... All this after my trial had expired.

    Not sure who appointed you the all knowing and defender of Wavesecure, but the only crap I see is in your response. Why not take time to read the entire thread before you go off?

    Let me summarize this for you once more. Their software locked my phone and started screaming. My trial had EXPIRED. Their servers had an issue that sent the alert in ERROR. It screamed for a few minutes, all the while I tried to unlock the phone with the code, it wouldn't respond. I pulled the battery because the shrieking of the phone was totally unacceptable in my office environment (not sure where you work - maybe it's no big deal). Once home I was able to let it yell long enough to finally enter the lock code.

    Your logic defies common sense. If you installed a burglar alarm in your house that went off for no reason, with no intrusion in your house, you would consider it perfect. After all burglar alarms are supposed to go off - you just ignore the fact that they aren't supposed to go off for NO REASON.

    One last thing - why would I care if you purchased the software? If you think this thread helps sell Wavesecure, why not suggest they post a link on their site to this thread? Maybe they can get a lot more orders. It worked in your case, right? Why not include it in their testimonials?





    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I couldn't just sit here and listen to this crap... My response:

    This is EXACTLY what the software is intended to do. I purchased this app today from seeing your review, thank you!

    TL;DR - It was your fault... you set to alarm on SIM changes, you've already backed up on your story too many times, I'd be willing to bet when you turned the phone back on that the SIM wasn't seated correctly. Bottom line, if your messing around with the SIM so much, why purposely set it to alarm on SIM related activities? Why not have it just report?

    Defender of Wavesecure is a self appointed position... I just think your complaints and whining are annoying.

    I own the company I work for, it definitely would not be a problem if this situation happened to me.

    I've always just hated people like yourself who whine and complain and go about things the wrong way. Spouting off that you would have bought the software and you were moments away from buying it until "this" happened blah blah blah. I take pride in trolling people like yourself. Companies don't want consumers like yourself, not even in this economy. Back handed compliments, complaining without going through proper support channels, your not even a customer yet, your just someone who drags out the trial period to 30 days without being able to make a decision on a $10 purchase. I'm glad I am past the days that a $10 purchase took 30 days of thought.

    And your analogy makes no sense... It'd be like this.... Installing a burglar alarm in your house, setting it up so that when the phone line got disconnected the alarm would go off from being cut, even though that is not the default setting on the alarm. You then decide that you have to unplug the phone line on several occasions to plug that phone line into your fax machine because your too cheap to wire an extra jack. Each time you do this you unplug the power from your alarm so it never realizes the phone line has been unplugged. Then, when your messing around with your phone line and plug it back in and then power back your alarm, it goes off. All the while you got this alarm system installed for a 30 day trial, and guess what, your still using it on day 31 without paying. The alarm goes off while your right there, not asleep, but right there messing with it. You then proceed to whine and cry to the alarm company and on the internet because you were doing things you shouldn't have with something you did not pay for and that was beyond the trial period.

    That sounds more like a perfect analogy to me, doesn't it to you?

  9. #29
    Android Addict alphawave7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    609
    Thanked
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I take pride in trolling people like yourself.
    If this is the case, you've found the wrong forum. The software did not work to OP's expectation, the company admits some fault and endeavors to make repair (supporting more than one user here, showing their commitment to improve), and users can read and infer what they wish about the circumstances and outcomes based on the posts themselves. There's no point in personalising or demanding any more explanation than has been given, even if you disagree with OP. Trolling is the fastest way to a ban, so I suggest a more positive tact.

  10. #30
    Member logger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    41
    OTOH if he was to have omitted that single ill advised T word out his post (it presses peoples buttons), the rest of what he said is reasonable. I have had no problems with Wavesecure and am happy to defend and recommend it. As far as I can tell, used as intended, with a little bit of common sense, it works very well. I have for example recorded my remote login info and unlock pin codes in several places, so I can always access them and wavesecure without my phone.

    On a positive note, complaints about it are far from widespread and market comments attest to its quality. It would soon be getting slammed there if it was no good.

    On balance, the idea of someone having all my personal info, is of more concern to me my than losing my phone. So the main reason I use Wavesecure is for its ability to remotely erase my phones contents. If I was lucky enough to get my phone back as well, then that woud be a bonus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android forum mcafee locked my phone
,
how do i unlock my windows phone with wavesecure protection
,
how to remove wavesecure password from blackberry curve 9300
,
how to unlock my phone locked by mcafee it doesn't give me the option to put oin in
,
how to unlock old phone secured with wave secure
,

i have mcafee phone security have forgot mypin myphone is locked mcafee web site is useless no help

,

i have mcafee phone security have forgot mypin myphone is locked mcafee web site is useless no help ?

,
mcafee never registered my device now its locked
,
mcafee purchased but locked my htc phone
,
mcafee trial period end and my device is locked
,
my phone has mcafee livesafe and it has locked me out for no reason
,
unlock wavesecure
,
virginmobilerescue downloaded app and phone locked without registering
,
wave secure enter pin to unlock phone
,
wave secure pin
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum